Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 271 - Trails, Tragedy & Toilets
ON THE DOCKET
- May 5 - Ogden Trail Running Film Festival at Amer Sports
- May 6 - Ogden Trail Running Festival and Expo at Mt. Ogden Park 3-9pm
- May 7 - Park City Run Co. Group Run with Anna Frost
- May 11 - 2017 Ogden Trails Network Shindig at The Front 5:30pm-8:30pm
- May 13 - Fly With The Flock 5K & Pancake Breakfast at Ogden Nature Center 8am
- May 13 - Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides 5K at Eccles Dinosaur Park, 10am
- May 13 - Back of Beyond Downriver SUP Race on the Colorado River in Moab
- May 14 - Snowbasin Mother Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 20 - Ogden Marathon
- June 2 - Ogden Film Festival Live Screening
- June 3 - Great Salt Lake Open Water Marathon Swim
- June 4 - Ogden Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs - Ogden Animal Hospital
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 10 - Snowbasin Summer Opening Day
- June 11 - Snowbasin Blues Brews & BBQ Kick Off
- June 10-11 - Ogden Arts Festival
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- July 7 - Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride - Antelope Island
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
IN THE NEWS
- UDOT plans $5 million overpass for wildlife at Parleys Summit
- No Avalanche Deaths in Utah for 1st time in 26 years
- Wife of Merrell founder swept down creek in Grand Canyon with step grandson
- Idaho woman says she crashed because she saw a sasquatch
SKILLS | Commonsense of SUP Safety
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt.” ― William Shakespeare
GIVEAWAY | Listen to the podcast and learn how to win a $25 SLACKWATER Gift Cert.
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 271stEpisode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.