Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 272 - Jaws and Bears
ON THE DOCKET
- May 11 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Huntsville 9am
- May 11 - 2017 Ogden Trails Network Shindig at The Front 5:30pm-8:30pm
- May 12 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Ogden, 29th Street Trailhead 9am
- May 12 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- May 13 - Fly With The Flock 5K & Pancake Breakfast at Ogden Nature Center 8am
- May 13 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Eden, Eden Park 9am
- May 13 - Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides 5K at Eccles Dinosaur Park, 10am
- May 13 - Back of Beyond Downriver SUP Race on the Colorado River in Moab
- May 14 - Snowbasin Mother Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 19 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- May 20 - Ogden Marathon
- May 26 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 2 - Ogden Film Festival Live Screening
- June 2 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 3 - Great Salt Lake Open Water Marathon Swim
- June 4 - Ogden Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs - Ogden Animal Hospital
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 9 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 10 - Snowbasin Summer Opening Day
- June 11 - Snowbasin Blues Brews & BBQ Kick Off
- June 10-11 - Ogden Arts Festival
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- June 16 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 17-25 - Alpenglow Mountain Festival, Tahoe City
- July 7 - Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride - Antelope Island
- July 9 - Ogden Outdoors Group Great Ben Lomond Hike 7am-5pm
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
IN THE NEWS
- Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Ogden & Logan Districts looking for Adopt-a-Trail Volunteers
- 9-Year-Old Boy Died After Falling Into Ogden River
- Ogden River’s South Fork Overspills Banks
- New Bills Would Allow 2 More State Parks, Escalante & Little Sahara
- Bonneville Cutts Return After 50 Years
- Aspen Skiing Co. Buys Steamboat & Other Resorts for $1.5 Billion
- Great White Shark appears in wave over surfers shoulder
- Black Bear really wants inside home to eat brownies
- Helmet-cam footage of bear chasing mountain bikers
- EVEREST - Climber Detained after hiding to avoid buying $11K permit
- EVEREST - 86-year-old Mountaineer Died in Everest Base Camp
#GEAR30 - Premier Mountain Equipment
- Ogden Mountain Running Trucker Hats - #alltherage
TRIP REPORT | Indian Trail from Ogden Canyon (podcast only)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“I will not meddle with that which I cannot mend” ― Thomas Fuller
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 271stEpisode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
The latest in adventure news and events from Ogden, Utah!
OOA Show 332 with thru-hiker Bryden Bowley before he sets out on the CDT Trail. Also, adventure news, events, Worth Watching, Weekly Happy, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox!
Ep. 331 - Twilight. Adventure news, events, gear, and a Yellowstone trip report.
OOA Show 330 - It Can’t Rain All The Time with guest Joe Farley of Transcend Gear and the best crag pack made, the Crag Crusher.
Interview with Ogden premium glove maker company owner, Leathers. Adventure News, Events, and more!
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
4 song acoustic set with musician Paddy Teglia as recorded LIVE at The Monarch Building in the heart of the new Nine Rails Arts District in downtown Ogden, Utah.
Van Sessions with Carrie Myers LIVE at The Monarch.
Van Sessions featuring a 4-song set from local Jazz band Standards and Substandards.
Michelle Moonshine 4-song set on Van Sessions.
Van Sessions at The Monarch Building featuring Dave Garofalo, formally of SafetySuit, with a four song set of new music.
The best local professor-attorney band in Ogden, The Snarlin’ Yarns with an 8-song set on Van Sessions live at The Monarch.
Van Sessions at The Monarch with Battle of the Bands winners, Farr Gone. Recorded LIVE inside TanVan, inside The Monarch Building which is located in the heart of Ogden’s Nine Rails Arts District.
LIVE from The Monarch Building in Ogden, Utah, Carrie Myers with The Proper Way debut songs off their album Ain’t No Good Thing Ever Dies.
Wasatch Wildgrass 3-song set, LIVE from the Ogden Music Festival.
September 2018 Van Sessions kicked off with a bang and included a rocking set from Nothin’ Special! High energy entertainment in a van during Ogden’s First Friday Art Stroll.
Michael Furry - Utah State Flatpick Champion as recorded in a van down by the river backstage at the Ogden Music Festival
Recorded LIVE in a van at the Garden beside the Monarch Building in Ogden Utah in conjunction with Ogden City Arts, First Friday Art Stroll, and arts nonprofit, Ogden First, this is Van Sessions with Ogden local and Nashville recording artist, Sammy Brue, with KJ Ward.
This is what it sounds like when you get 6 musicians in a van backstage at the Ogden Music Festival presented by Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music. Sugar and the Mint were phenomenal!
Branson Anderson rounds out Season 4 of Van Sessions with a phenomenal 4-song set!
2 members of The Hollering Pines joined us for a mini-Van Sessions set recorded LIVE backstage at OFOAM.
An eclectic 4-song set by solo artist Lysergic Ashes in a van down by the railroad tracks during Ogden Utah's First Friday Art Stroll.
A phenomenal 4-song acoustic set in a van by a Jill Johnson, a melancholy singer who will leave you with a smile and a warmed heart.
Busting onto the Ogden scene, Giants in the Oak Tree, crushed their 4-song Van Sessions set. Busting out the doors with the drums, this episode sounds amazing for shoving a full band in a tight space. This one is a must listen!
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.