Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 307 - Dinosaur's, Everest, and Solo Guiding
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
WEEKLY HAPPY | My Service Animal is a Dinosaur
TRAILS REPORT | webertrails.org
ON THE DOCKET
- 5.17 Tommy Caldwell presents, The Push at The Front, SLC
- 5.17 The Snowman Trek, Tinseltown Newgate, 7pm
- 5.19 Zions Bank Ogden Marathon
- 5.19 Provo River Race, Bridal Veil Falls Class III 11-4pm
- 5.20 Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Company, 10:30am
- 5.22 Ask-A-Guide, Anything, 7pm at GEAR:30
- 5.23 North Fork Park Trail Work, Ogden Nordic
- 6.2 Trad Climbing Clinic, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 6.9-10 Ogden Arts Festival 2018
- 6.9 Mountain Gravity Expo, Rio Tinto
- 6.9 Snowbasin Opening Day for Summer Operations
- 6.9 Mountaintop Yoga, Snowbasin, 10:30am
- 6.10 Blues Brews & BBQ feat. Yarn, Snowbasin
- 6.15 Brew Master’s Dinner, Snowbasin
- 6.15-17 Teton Valley Vanlife Gathering
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.18 5th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard And Moustache Competition
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
IN THE NEWS
- Clarus Corp Doubles Down on Utah
- 100 Million to Reduce Traffic in the Cottonwoods
- BD & La Sport Drop Joe Kinder
- Bison Quarantine Approved
- National Park Service Axing Yellowstone-Teton Joint Pass
- World’s Loftiest Dinner Party on Everest
- Double Amputee Summits Everest
- Climbers in NASA Study Make Illegal Turns Down Everest
- Sherpa Sets Record For Most Everest Ascents
- Rockport Files for Bankruptcy
- Cali to Require Solar Power for New Homes
- New Climbing Grief Fund
- Grizzly Bears Considered For Delisting From Endangered Wildlife
- 2 Hiking Deaths in Sequoia National Park
- Apple Exec Lists $11.9 Million Ski Pad
WORTH WATCHING | The Snowman Trek
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
New parking at Causey, Maggie Odette climbs 5.14b at age 49, Cocaine is washing up on shore. Local events update, Outdoor Jukebox, Quote of the Week, and more!
CDT thru-hiker Bryden Bowley on gear, loneliness, food, daily mileage, and more!
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure featuring guest alpinst/climber, Derek DeBruin.
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure.
With special guest, Brandi Bosworth of the Ogden Nature Center chatting Birds & Brews!
The latest in adventure news and events from Ogden, Utah!
OOA Show 332 with thru-hiker Bryden Bowley before he sets out on the CDT Trail. Also, adventure news, events, Worth Watching, Weekly Happy, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox!
Ep. 331 - Twilight. Adventure news, events, gear, and a Yellowstone trip report.
OOA Show 330 - It Can’t Rain All The Time with guest Joe Farley of Transcend Gear and the best crag pack made, the Crag Crusher.
Interview with Ogden premium glove maker company owner, Leathers. Adventure News, Events, and more!
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.