Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 203 - Bike Collective, Farmers Market
2 interviews for the price of one on this week's Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! We welcome Clint Watson with the Ogden Bicycle Collective as well as Dan Musgrave with the Ogden Farmers Market part of Downtown Ogden Inc., two non-profits performing the kind of service that makes Ogden the best damn town around. Upcoming events, adventure news, Meow Meow Tweet, and more. Enjoy!
INTERVIEW: Clint Watson – Director of the Ogden Bicycle Collective
- Grand Opening – how did it go?
- Volunteers – Get Involved
- Classes – Other upcoming Calendar Items
- Involvement with the City and the push to ensure Ogden is bike friendly?
- Best road course in Ogden – Best trail ride in Ogden
- Either OR
- Sunrise or Sunset Ride?
- Post ride Refresher – Beer or Tang
- Non Bike Activity – Mud wrestling or strongest man competition
- Tour de France or Tour of Utah
INTERVIEW: Dan Musgrave – Downtown Ogden Inc.
"To act as Advocate and Catalyst for the Downtown Business Community for Promotion, Beautification, Business Attraction and Retention, in a Safe Environment"
- How does Downtown Ogden Inc. help attain the mission
- Success of Farmers Market
- The success of local biz?
- What is the attraction for businesses to come to Ogden
- Rodeo Involvement
ON THE DOCKET
- July 17-19 – Weekend Snake River Rafting Trip
- July 18 – Ogden Bike Collective Grand Opening
- July 26 – Bark at the Basin
- July 30 – Ogden Trails Network Volunteer Trail Work Opportunity 29th Street
- July 30 – Wildflower Trailfest for Women
- July 31 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 3-9 Tour of Utah Stage 2 Tremonton to Ogden
- August 7 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 9 – 6th Annual Beehive Brew-Off
- August 14 – Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival
- August 22 – Discrete Peak Series at Powder Mountain
- August 29 – HEL’s Half Pound – “Toughest ½ Marathon You’ll Ever Run”
- August 29 – Snowbird Oktoberfest 2nd Annual Beard & Moustache Comp
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
IN THE NEWS
- Another Bison Attack in Yellowstone
- Arches part of National Marketing Plan
- Little Cottonwood Canyon Climbers find bones in hiking boot
- Reel Rock 10 Lineup – Includes a Tribute
- Glacier Fire
- Colorado 14ers Record Smashed
- Ueli Steck on 82 Summits in 80 Days
- Dutch Alpinist Dies Climbing with Steck
Worth Watching: Meru Film Trailer
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Great minds have purposes, others have wishes.” – Washington Irving
Thank you to Slackwater for hosting today’s 200th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from our About page on thebanyancollective.com.
Chat with us on Twitter @OgdenAdventure
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX - New Sublime with Rome – “Wherever You Go” (down by the sea)
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.