Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 203 - Bike Collective, Farmers Market
2 interviews for the price of one on this week's Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! We welcome Clint Watson with the Ogden Bicycle Collective as well as Dan Musgrave with the Ogden Farmers Market part of Downtown Ogden Inc., two non-profits performing the kind of service that makes Ogden the best damn town around. Upcoming events, adventure news, Meow Meow Tweet, and more. Enjoy!
INTERVIEW: Clint Watson – Director of the Ogden Bicycle Collective
- Grand Opening – how did it go?
- Volunteers – Get Involved
- Classes – Other upcoming Calendar Items
- Involvement with the City and the push to ensure Ogden is bike friendly?
- Best road course in Ogden – Best trail ride in Ogden
- Either OR
- Sunrise or Sunset Ride?
- Post ride Refresher – Beer or Tang
- Non Bike Activity – Mud wrestling or strongest man competition
- Tour de France or Tour of Utah
INTERVIEW: Dan Musgrave – Downtown Ogden Inc.
"To act as Advocate and Catalyst for the Downtown Business Community for Promotion, Beautification, Business Attraction and Retention, in a Safe Environment"
- How does Downtown Ogden Inc. help attain the mission
- Success of Farmers Market
- The success of local biz?
- What is the attraction for businesses to come to Ogden
- Rodeo Involvement
ON THE DOCKET
- July 17-19 – Weekend Snake River Rafting Trip
- July 18 – Ogden Bike Collective Grand Opening
- July 26 – Bark at the Basin
- July 30 – Ogden Trails Network Volunteer Trail Work Opportunity 29th Street
- July 30 – Wildflower Trailfest for Women
- July 31 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 3-9 Tour of Utah Stage 2 Tremonton to Ogden
- August 7 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 9 – 6th Annual Beehive Brew-Off
- August 14 – Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival
- August 22 – Discrete Peak Series at Powder Mountain
- August 29 – HEL’s Half Pound – “Toughest ½ Marathon You’ll Ever Run”
- August 29 – Snowbird Oktoberfest 2nd Annual Beard & Moustache Comp
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
IN THE NEWS
- Another Bison Attack in Yellowstone
- Arches part of National Marketing Plan
- Little Cottonwood Canyon Climbers find bones in hiking boot
- Reel Rock 10 Lineup – Includes a Tribute
- Glacier Fire
- Colorado 14ers Record Smashed
- Ueli Steck on 82 Summits in 80 Days
- Dutch Alpinist Dies Climbing with Steck
Worth Watching: Meru Film Trailer
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Great minds have purposes, others have wishes.” – Washington Irving
Thank you to Slackwater for hosting today’s 200th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from our About page on thebanyancollective.com.
Chat with us on Twitter @OgdenAdventure
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX - New Sublime with Rome – “Wherever You Go” (down by the sea)
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.