Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 206 - Snowbasin
Back to the river and the comfort of shade and beer on Slackwater's patio. Episode 206 features an awesome interview with Snowbasin Resort's power marketing duo Samantha and Tess. Summer is loaded with activities on the mountain including the uber-popular Blues Brews & BBQ FREE Concert Series. Definitely a great way to spend a lazy sunny Sunday afternoon.
We run through upcoming EVENTS and NEWS items, as well as Gear Junkie's Psicobloc Climbing Comp experience in the rain. Oh, and the abandoned beer cart. James also covers a couple cool new gear items he discovered at Outdoor Retailer
ON THE DOCKET
- August 14 – Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival
- August 15 – Skyline Mountain Marathon
- August 15 – Wildflower Pedalfest
- August 21 – Weber Pathways Trail Mixer 2015 at Snowbasin
- August 22 – Discrete Peak Series at Powder Mountain
- August 22 – Interlaken 100 Pineview to Bear Lake
- August 28 – Meru at The Broadway – Plays for a week, maybe longer
- August 28 – AAC & SLCA Craggin Classic
- August 29 – HEL’s Half Pound – “Toughest ½ Marathon You’ll Ever Run”
- August 29 – Snowbird Oktoberfest 2nd Annual Beard & Moustache Comp
- Sept 3 – The Front Climbing Club 5 Year Anniversary - Member’s Only
- Sept 19 – Cotopaxi 5K & 10K – at Alta
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
IN THE NEWS
- Utah Declares State of Emergency, Considers Legal Action After EPA Spill
- Utah’s AG Reyes on Gold King Mine Spill
- EPA Spill Magnitude Indescribable
- Naughty Bear Caught Captured Near Strawberry Reservoir
- Despite Recent Deaths, US Parks are Generally Safe
- MERU Coming to The Broadway August 28th
- Beer of the Week: Blood Orange Gose
- #RunSUPYoga Triathalon
- First Pair to Complete Grand Teton Triathon
- 13 American Rower’s Get Sick in Rio
- Surfer Alana Blanchard poses for Galore Magazine
- Drake McElroy Rides Naked Across the Desert For Votes
- 10 Best Outdoor Dog Breeds
Worth Watching: Patagonia 8K
Worth Reading: The Outdoor Industry has a Millennial Problem
SKILLS SESSION How to Take the Ultimate Outdoor Selfie
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Nothing is difficult to those who have the will” – Motto of the Dutch Poet’s Society
Thank you to SLACKWATER for hosting today’s 206th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventur
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.