Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 259 - First Snow
ON THE DOCKET
- Nov 17 - Nurture The Creative Mind 10th Anniversary & Awards Gala
- Nov 18 - Patio & Parking Lot Unveiling Party at Even Stevens
- Nov 18 - GEAR:30 presents Women in the Wild 260 Pounds to Freedom
- Nov 23 - Shaky Trade’s Funksgiving Eve Pray For Snow Party
- Nov 24 - Snowbasin Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nov 26 - Ogden Bike Collective Electric Light Parade
- Nov 26 - Ogden Santa Run
- Dec 2 - GEAR:30 presents Women in the Wild: Backcountry Skiing
- Dec 3 - Ogden Nature Center Holiday Open House
- Dec 5 - Utah Avalanche Center Know Before You Go Clinic at Union Grill
- Dec 10 - Nordic Valley Projected Opening Date
- Dec 10 - 2016 Elk Festival at Hardware Ranch
- Dec 12 - An Evening with Terry Tempest Williams
- Dec 16-18 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Dec 31 - Nordic Valley Frosty Fat Bike Series
- Jan 14-16 - Bear House Mountain Guiding AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 19-22 - 2017 Ouray Ice Festival
- Jan 21 - WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 27-29 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Feb 3-5;17-19 - Exum Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Clinics, Tetons
IN THE NEWS
- National Park Service Announces 10 Fee Free Days for 2017
- Lake Louise Men’s World Cup Cancelled For Lack of Snow First Time in 29 Years
- China to Open Monumental Everest Mountaineering Center
- Man Killed in Yellowstone was “Hot Potting”
- Wildlife Comedy Awards
- 11 Best National Parks for Solitude
WORTH WATCHING / VIEWING
- Shred & Slytech Moving Back to Park City
- Leki Collaborates with Grivel
- Skurka Video Series for Sierra Designs
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Worry doesn’t help tomorrow’s troubles, but it does ruin today’s happiness” - Anon
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 259th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.