Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 287 - Utah Avalanche Center
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 287 – Utah Avalanche Center
INTERVIEW - UAC Backcountry Bash Interview with Kory Davis & Paige Pagnucco
ON THE DOCKET
- 11.9 GEAR:30 Roots Seasonal Boutique Launch, G30
- 11.10 Pray 4 Snow w/the Dirt Nappers & GTFO, Kamikazes
- 11.10 Snowbasin Bourbon Whiskey Dinner - Sold Out
- 11.10-11 Ogden Ski Swap, Golden Spike Arena | Snowbasin Pass Pick Up
- 11.30 Ogden Backcountry Bash - Fundraiser for OAC, The Front Climbing Gym
- 12.7 Reel Rock 12 - Jim Santy Auditorium, Park City
- 12.9 Frosty Fat Tire Training, Nordic Valley
- 12.15-18 Ouray Ice Climbing Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 12.16 Nordic Valley 7K Trail Run
- 12.16 UTA Ski Bus Service Begins to Snowbasin
- 12.24 Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- 12.30 Frosty Fat Tire Race, Nordic Valley
- 1.19-21 AIARE 1 Course, Bear House Mountain Guiding, Cottonwoods
- 1.27 OWA Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Cottonwoods
- 2.3 Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- 2.16-18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - Perry’s Egyptian Theater
IN THE NEWS
- ATV’s Coming to Antelope Island?
- Skullcandy Founder Selling Park City Home for $18.9 Million
- Opening Day at Mammoth Mountain
- The Alps Received 3 Feet of Snow in 24 Hours
- Environmentalist & Singer Katie Lee Dead at 98
- Grizzly Bear Bites Hunters Hand
WORTH READING | Gadds Truth: Why I Hate Hammocks
- Ibex Shutting Down?
- Icebreaker Acquired by VF Corp
- Roots Launch - Brands include: Fjallraven, Boulder Denim, Barebones Living, Arcade Belts, Heathers Choice, Glerups, Pistil, 10Tree, Tru Fru, Ogden Made, Canyon Coolers, Bertucci Field Watches, Erica Lyon Art, Sage Hen Jewelry, Sara Austin Art, Longo Fossils, and more…
TRIP REPORT | Local Trails are in great shape!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” - Raymond Lindquist
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Carry You” - Novo Amor
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Teresita Dovalpage, writing about food and murder and what it's like to wrap them together in Cuba, made us laugh and opened up on the LITerally Podcast about being a writer.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.