Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 292 - Solstice Delight
WEEKLY HAPPY | Chewbacca Kayaks Endor Storm Drain
ON THE DOCKET
- 12.21 Ogden Pub Runners Weekly Run, Angry Goat, 6pm
- 12.23 Wildcat Express Grand Opening, 8:45am-9am
- 12.23 Ski Patrol Fireside Chat, Snowbasin, 3-4pm
- 12.24 Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- 12.27 Know Before You Go, GEAR:30, 7pm
- 12.30 Frosty Fat Tire Race, Nordic Valley
- 1.3-7 USU WFR Course
- 1.6 2nd Annual Turn N’ Burn Banked Slalom at Powder Mountain, 9-6pm
- 1.10 Dawn Patrol with the Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.13-15 AIARE 1 Course, Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.18 Dining Discovery: Taste of Snowbasin
- 1.19-21 AIARE 1 Course, Bear House Mountain Guiding, Cottonwoods
- 1.21 Intro to Ice Climbing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 1.25-26 ECAC 16th Black & White Competition Intake, Call for Entry
- 1.27 OWA Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Cottonwoods
- 1.30 Adventuring in the Alps, GEAR:30 7pm
- 2.2 Yeti Beard & Moustache Competition, Union Station, 6:30pm
- 2.3 Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- 2.3 Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 2.15-19 Vertical Integration Ogden, Utah Backcountry Getaway, $795
- 2.23 IF4 - International Fly Fishing Film Festival, Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- 2.16-18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
IN THE NEWS
WORTH WATCHING | Imagination, Sherpa Cinema’s & The North Face
GEAR:30 | Rad Dog Leash
MY LANDS | Chouinard Responds to Congress
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” - Anton Chekhov
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 292nd Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | Sifting through hours of crappy music, so you don’t have to.
“That Christmasy Feeling” - Johnny Cash
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.