Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 266 - Ogden Bike Collective Winter Benefit
We have a mostly LOW avalanche danger. Wet and dry sluffs in the surface snow are possible in steep terrain. Fresh deposits of wind slab may be shallow and isolated, but sensitive to human provocation. Remember that your choice of terrain will either amplify or minimize the overall risk of incident.
INTERVIEW | Danielle Fry & Lulu Avila, Ogden Bicycle Collective & Winter Bike Benefit
RSVP for this year's Winter Bike Benefit here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1505061639523109/
ON THE DOCKET
- Powder Mountain Ladies Night powered by SheShreds.co $15
- Feb 18-19 - Banff Mountain Film Festival
- Feb 24 - Weber Pathways Presents an Evening with Dan Flores (Author Dinner, Fundraiser)
- Feb 25 - Ogden Bike Collective Winter Bike Benefit, 6pm
- March 4 - World Telemark Day
- March 10 - International Fly Fishing Film Festival at Peery’s. Ogden River Preservation Benefit
- March 11 - Spring Stampede at Powder Mountain - Free boarder/skier cross race
- March 18 - Wasatch Showdown - Annual Firefighters Fundraiser at Powder Mountain
- March 18 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Ben Lomond Shoulder
- March 19 - Intro to Backcountry Skiing - Bear House Mountain Guiding
- March 21-26 - Salomon Ultra Running Academy - running, training, workshops, Moab
IN THE NEWS
- Utah Governor Gary Herbert is Meeting with Outdoor Leaders to discuss the industry
- Companies Ramp Up Threat to Leave Utah’s Outdoor Retailer Show
- Colorado Group Tries to Lure Outdoor Retailer from Utah
- Wal Mart acquires Moosjaw for $51M
- SNEWS 5-second poll: Are you going to Outdoor Retailer?
- Utah Tourism is Promoting Bears Ears despite State opposition
- GoPro Mountain Games Registration is now Open
- Cotopaxi Grows Festival Series to 50 Events
- Snowboarder Survives 6 Nights in BC Backcountry
- Backcountry Skier Plummets to his Death in Grand Teton National Park
- 2017 Bouldering Youth National Championships Results
WORTH WATCHING / VIEWING
- KAVU Real Big Drip
- History of Bison Management
- An Interview with David Roberts “dean of adventure writing”
#GEAR30 - Premier Mountain Equipment | Gear Junkie’s Outdoor Products of the Week
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 266th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Flowers in Your Hair” – The Lumineers
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.
Teresita Dovalpage, writing about food and murder and what it's like to wrap them together in Cuba, made us laugh and opened up on the LITerally Podcast about being a writer.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.