Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 275 - Honnold is a God
WEEKLY HAPPY | Morning Glory Arch BASE JUMP!
ON THE DOCKET
- Ongoing - Snowbasin Movies in the Mountains
- Ongoing - Yellowstone Insta-Meets
- Ongoing - Wasatch Trail Run Series
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 8 - Ogden Twilight w/ OK GO
- June 9 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 10 - Snowbasin Summer Opening Day
- June 10-11 - Ogden Arts Festival - Emcee’d by The Banyan Collective & Lavender Vinyl
- June 10 - From Plastic to Classic from Bear House Mtn Guiding - The Front / Big Cottonwood
- June 10 - Weber Outdoor Program Summer SUP Adventures - Causey Reservoir $30/$45 Day
- June 11 - Snowbasin Blues Brews & BBQ Kick Off
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- June 16 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 17-25 - Alpenglow Mountain Festival, Tahoe City
- June 17 - Tube the Ogden with GEAR:30 & WSU Outdoor Program
- June 17 - Weber Outdoor Program Summit Series - Lewis Peak
- June 17 - Wolf Creek Canyon Weed Wack
- June 17 - Intro to Trad Climbing with Bear House Mountain Guiding - $150
- June 22 - The Sweet Remains Outdoor Summer Concert at The Nature Center
- June 23-24 - 5th Annual Adventure Gear Fest at Snowbird
- June 24 - Ogden Trailfest 2017 - Weber Pathways
- June 28 - Sheshredsco Ladies Night at Flowrider
- June 28 - GEAR:30 SUP Meet-up at Causey Reservoir
- July 7 - Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride - Antelope Island
- July 8 - Weber Outdoor Program Summer Summit Series - Ben Lomond
- July 9 - Ogden Outdoors Group Great Ben Lomond Hike 7am-5pm
- July 9 - Weber Outdoor Program Summer SUP Adventures - Causey Reservoir $30/$45 Day
- July 22 - Self-Rescue Clinic with Bear House Mountain Guiding - $150
- August 5 - Weber Outdoor Program Summer Summit Series - Mt. Ogden
- August 11-13 - Camelback Pursuit Series SLC - SNOWBASIN
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
- August 12 - 4th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard & Moustache Competition
IN THE NEWS
- Ogden Climbers React to Honnold's Yosemite Free-Solo Climb
- Honnold Being Honnold - El Cap Report
- Jack O’Neill, surf icon and wetsuit pioneer dies at 94
- Killian Jornet Summits Everest Twice
- Cougar Found Beheaded in Davis County, Utah DWI Searching for suspect
- Kuhl works to save Utah alpine forest from becoming golf course
- Where Can Northern Utahns drink outdoors after Pineview, Causey alcohol ban?
- 6 Beers that pay homage to the national parks
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” - Dr. Suess
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Strangers You Know” - Sparrow Hand
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.