Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 279 - Explore Something
INTERVIEW - Matthew Geffert | Explore Something |
As a transplant from Indiana, and other places around the globe, Matt Geffert has a unique perspective and appreciation of Ogden as an outdoor mecca and home base. Soon after Geffert was transferred to Hill AFB, he put his passions of photography and videography to work documenting Ogden's trails and outdoors. He recently crashed his new drone into a mountainside so we all know he's officially legit now.
Watch for Matt's artwork around town as well as at exploresomething.net.
WEEKLY HAPPY | “Drop Everything” - Matchstick Productions | Under Armor
ON THE DOCKET
- August 4 - First Friday Art Stroll | The Front w/Good Vibes Jewelry
- August 5 - Weber Outdoor Program Summer Summit Series - Mt. Ogden
- August 5 - Intro to Mountain Biking - Snowbasin
- August 5 - Utah Spartan Race - Nordic Valley
- August 5 - Ogden’s Own First Annual Otown Pedal Pub Crawl | Bikes of Mormon
- August 11-13 - Camelback Pursuit Series SLC - SNOWBASIN
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
- August 12 - 4th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard & Moustache Competition
- August 19 - El Doce 12 Hour/6 Hour MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- August 19 - 9th Street Crag Cleanup
- August 19 - Dark Sky Viewing - Snowbasin Needles Lodge
- August 21 - Solar Eclipse Viewing - Snowbasin Needles Lodge
- August 25-27 - Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- September 10 - Edible & Medicinal Plants of Uinta Mountains: Herb Walk
IN THE NEWS
- Tube the Ogden Closing - What really happened?
- Searchers Still Looking for Missing Hiker in Uinta’s
- Mountain Lion shot in downtown SLC
WORTH WATCHING | Holin’s Trail Hustle, Explore Something
GEAR:30 | OR Recap Best Products
TRIP REPORT | Windsurfer Morning Surf
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it” - Einstein
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 279thEpisode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Words” - AMZY
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”