New year, new Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Podcasting live from The Front Climbing Gym in downtown Ogden, our 184th OOA Show Episode includes an interview with The Front GM, Shad Burnham, who is currently prepping new walls for the weekend's ABS Divisional Comp and next weekend's Sendolution Grand Opening Party!
John Wojciechowski from Striders Running, and host of the Mr. Goodyear's Neighborhood Podcast, sits in for Todd to the Top who is getting artsy in NYC. John brought Davis High Track and Field coaches Corbin Talley and Brad Anderson along to chat about the year's accomplishments. Davis High's cross country team is a perennial National contender and Corbin and Brad humbly accept full responsibility for the teams success... well, some credit, anyway. The student athletes are pretty good, too.
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 184 - Climb On!
Shad Burnham – The Front Climbing
Davis High Track Coaches: Corbin Talley & Brad Anderson
On the Docket:
- Jan. 7,9,10 – WSU Outdoor Program AIARE Level 1 Course
- Jan 10-11 – USA Climbing ABS Divisional Championships at The Front, Ogden
- Jan 10 – Winter Trails Day at O’Nordic, North Fork Park
- Jan 10 – Slug Games at Snowbasin
- Jan 10 – Snowbasin Freeride Avalanche Workshops (SOLD OUT)
- Jan 14 – Dawn Patrol with WSU Outdoor Program, 4:30am
- Jan 15 – Beehive Ice Release Party, Petzl America, SLC 7:00pm
- Jan 17 – Winterfest at East Canyon 11-4pm
- Jan. 24 – WSU Outdoor Program - Intro to Backcountry Touring
- Jan. 24 – WSU Ski Day at Snowbasin
In the News:
- Local US Ski Team Prospect Died in Avalanche
- Dead Cow Blocks Slot Canyon
- Lonnie Dupre – Solo Winter Denali Summit Attempt
- Japan Having Epic Winter
- Snowmobilers Rescue Moose from Avalanche
- Everest Outfitter Peak Freaks Cancels 2015 Climb
- National Geographic Lodging Collection
Worth Reading: Endangered: The Liftie
Worth Watching: 2014 Open Boat Crash Reel
Skillz Sessions: 10 Bad Touring Habits That Must Go in 2015
Trip Report: WSU Dawn Patrol – Snow Conditions Need Improvement
Quote of the week: “I prefer winter and Fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape — the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn’t show.” ~Andrew Wyeth
Thank you to The Front Climbing Club, Ogden for hosting today’s Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from out About page on thebanyancollective.com.
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure