On the Docket:
- Feb. 20-21 – Endurance Sports Show
- Feb. 21 – Striders WRC 10K
- Feb. 21 – Snowbasin Freeride Avalanche Workshop – Women’s Intro to Avy with the UAC
- Feb. 21 – Nordic Valley Viking Cup Slopestyle – Nordic is Closed for Season
- Feb. 21 – Uinta Tap Takeover - Snowbasin
- Feb. 25, 27-29 – AIARE Avalanche 1 Course – Yurt Based
- Feb. 26 – Kayak Roll Session, WSU Outdoor Program
- March 5 – Kayak Roll Session, WSU Outdoor Program
- March 6-8 – Wasatch Vertfest | Powder Keg
In the News:
- 59-Year-Old Ned Overend Wins Fat Bike Championships
- Powder Mountain Introduces New Multi-Use Trail
- Save the Riverdale Bike Park – Kickstarter!
- House Bill 160 Would Ban Bikes at Drive-Throughs
- Snowmobiles Restricted in Yellowstone
- New Yellowstone Backcountry Use Fee
- Bill Could Life Paddling Restrictions in Yellowstone, Grand Teton
- Avalanches Could Soon Be Drone Controlled
- Morocco Adventure Oasis
- Failed SUP World Record
- Khumbu Icefall Reroute on Everest
- Grizzlies May Return to the Cascades
- National Geographic’s Adventurer of the Year!
- Worth Watching: Red Bull’s Rozov completes first ever Kilimanjaro Base Jump
- Worth Reading: Shaggy the Abandoned Newfoundland
Trip Report: Trails good, Pineview is melted, Nordic is closed, Mountains should receive more snow this weekend. Go play!
Quote of the week: “Nature never hurries. Atom by atom, little by little she achieves her work.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thank you to Slackwater Pizzeria, Ogden for hosting today’s Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from out About page on thebanyancollective.com.
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
Outdoor Jukebox: Vacationer – The Wild Life
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”