Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 204 - Blue Moon
After a string of quality guests from Miss Rodeo Ogden, now Miss Utah, to The Ogden Bike Collective, Ogden Nature Center, and Ogden Farmer's Market, we're back to a good ol' fashioned OOA Show with in-depth adventure news, local outdoor events, and a gear segment with our own Gear Junky James breaking down a couple 2-person tents he's used this summer.
We give you something worth watching, something worth reading, and the occasional laugh in this light-hearted episode recorded before the rare Blue Moon. Listen here or on iTunes.
ON THE DOCKET
- August 1 – Bikers Edge Ibis Demo Day – Kaysville East Mtn Wilderness Park
- August 3-9 Tour of Utah Stage 2 Tremonton to Ogden
- August 7 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 8 – The Great Ben Lomond Hike – with Live Natural
- August 9 – 6th Annual Beehive Brew-Off
- August 13 – The Waifs live at the Ogden Nature Center
- August 14 – Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival
- August 15 - Skyline Mountain Marathon
- August 21 – Weber Pathways Trail Mixer 2015 at Snowbasin
- August 22 – Discrete Peak Series at Powder Mountain
- August 28 – AAC & SLCA Craggin Classic
- August 29 – HEL’s Half Pound – “Toughest ½ Marathon You’ll Ever Run”
- August 29 – Snowbird Oktoberfest 2nd Annual Beard & Moustache Comp
- Sept 19 – Cotopaxi 5K & 10K – at Alta
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
IN THE NEWS
- Ogden Mayor’s Awards in the Arts
- The Announcement of “Park City One”
- State Catch and Release Record
- Snowbird Honors Dick Bass
- Iron Cowboy Completes 50 Iron-Distance Tri’s in 50 Days
- GearJunkie.com’s 10 Survival Movies Online
- Win a trip to NYC for MERU Opening Night
- Fenway to host 2016 Freeskiing Big Air
- Life-Sized Lego Camper
- Bear Downs 36 Beers – Prefers Rainer to Busch
Worth Watching: TGR Trailer – ‘Paradise Awaits’
Worth Reading: Ski Mountaineering in Peru with Caroline Gleich
SKILLS SESSION - 7 Easy Alpine (climbing) Routes for Summer
GEAR – Gear Junky James
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“If at first you don’t succeed, you’re running about average.” - M.H. Anderson
Thank you to Slackwater for hosting today’s 204th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Chat with us on Twitter @OgdenAdventure
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
Timeless – Airborne Toxic Event
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.