Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 205 - Live from Beus Trailhead
The power of a Sherpa, wow! Picked up a Goal Zero Sherpa 50 kit with a 110V Sherpa Inverter this past February thinking it would work well as a backup in my camper van, or even an impressive charger on the trail and in the backcountry, but didn't believe it would push a Mackie ProFX 12 mixer board, and a headphones splitter for well over an hour! Making this discovery through some at-home testing, we decided to road test the Sherpa 50. We didn't travel far from home in case the Sherpa 50 grew tired of heavy watt lifting. So, Beus Trailhead served as our first on-location, off-grid podcast.
Prior to the recording, good friend, and friend of the podcast, Scott Rodrock, joined us for a quick burn hike up Beus Trail. For the unfamiliar, Beus is the perfect summer hike as the first mile is mostly shaded and follows a refreshing stream East, eventually climbing to Mt. Ogden. We stopped far short of the peak in the portion of the hike known as Fern Valley. A beautiful and overgrown section reminiscent of Jurassic Park.
ON THE DOCKET
- August 7 – Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip
- August 8 – The Great Ben Lomond Hike – with Live Natural
- August 9 – 6th Annual Beehive Brew-Off
- August 13 – The Waifs live at the Ogden Nature Center
- August 14 – Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival
- August 15 – Skyline Mountain Marathon
- August 21 – Weber Pathways Trail Mixer 2015 at Snowbasin
- August 22 – Discrete Peak Series at Powder Mountain
- August 28 – AAC & SLCA Craggin Classic
- August 29 – HEL’s Half Pound – “Toughest ½ Marathon You’ll Ever Run”
- August 29 – Snowbird Oktoberfest 2nd Annual Beard & Moustache Comp
- Sept 19 – Cotopaxi 5K & 10K – at Alta
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
IN THE NEWS
- Jeff Lowe – Adidas Legend
- Don’t Build Cairns
- Reward Offered for Stolen Bikes
- OR May Move from SLC
- Search Scaled Down for Missing Yellowstone River Swimmer
- How to Drink in the Woods
- Underrated Netflix Adventure Movies
- 85 Year Old Sets Kilimanjaro Record
- Man Carries Bathtub up Kilimanjaro
- Circumnavigation of Lake Superior on a SUP
- New Treadmill World Record “…why would anyone run on a treadmill.”
- Jeremy Jones Joins Electric
- Mick Fanning Gives $75K Appearance Fee to Charity
- Man Catches Fish with Bare Hands on Tampa Street
Worth Watching: TGR Trailer – ‘Pipe Dream’
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.” – Erma Bombeck
Thank you to BEUS TRAILHEAD for hosting today’s 204th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Chat with us on Twitter @OgdenAdventure
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
Time Machine – The Highway Thieves
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.