Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 209 - Ogden Canyon Overlook Trail
ON THE DOCKET
- Now – Sept 10 – The Front ‘Back to Sending Sale’
- Sept 8-12 - USA Cycling National Champoinship
- Sept 9 – Wasatch Beer Mile
- Sept 14 – SLC Premier of TGR’s Paradise Waits
- Sept 19 – Cotopaxi 5K & 10K – at Alta
- Sept 30 – Trail Running Film Fest Tour
- Oct 3 – Snowbasin Beer Fest
- Oct 4 – Snowbasin Pray For Snow Party!
- Oct. 9 – 12th Annual Gear Sale & Swap
- Oct. 10 – WSU Mt. Ogden Hike Tradition
IN THE NEWS
- GOAL Foundation Volunteers Needed
- Man Starts GoFundMe Page to buy 46M Property in Morgan/Peterson
- MIRR Ranch Group 46M Property
- Elk Hunter Attacked by Grizzly in Idaho
- Denali Name Change & New Height
- 2 Die Climbing in the Wind River Range
- DiGiulian Is First Woman to Free Climb Magic Mushroom
- Jake Gyllenhaal in Everest
- Cotopaxi Questival Returns
- Michelob ULTRA Partners with American Hiking Society
- 5 Colorado Mountains Worth Renaming
- World’s Best Summit Hikes via National Geographic
Worth Watching: Brain Farm “We Are Blood”
Worth Reading: Maya Medicine – Aaron Teasdale
TRIP REPORT – Coldwater Canyon Overlook Trail
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“When he asks why I’ve come to Guatemala, I explain that I’m here for the adventure, hands-in-the-soil culture, and unplugged lifestyle. I’m burned out on the thoughtless affluence and soul-deadening materialism of the U.S., I tell him, and I’ve come here on a quest to find what’s truly important in life.” – Aaron Teasdale ‘Maya Medicine’
Thank you to Snowbasin Overflow Parking lot / Coldwater Canyon Overlook Trail for hosting today’s 209th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.