Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 230 - GOAL ZERO
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 230 features a trip south to Bluffdale, Utah, home of one of our favorite Utah grown companies, GOAL ZERO.
Founded on three pillars: Zero Apathy (We Care), Zero Boundaries (We Explore), and Zero Regrets (We Risk), GOAL ZERO is leading the portable solar industry inspiring all of us to live the Solar Life.
James Atkin, Director of Brand Marketing and Hank Howell, Senior Industrial Designer for GOAL ZERO, sat down with us in the Tan Van for an in-depth chat about the company's inauspicious beginning, humanitarian roots, quality ambassadors, product and innovation, and their new marketing campaign #officeanywhere
INTERVIEW - James Atkin & Hank Howell, GOAL ZERO
ON THE DOCKET
- Feb. 24-28 – Wasatch Yeti Bash
- Feb. 26-28 – US National Snowshoe Championships
- Feb. 27 – USA Cycling National Fat Bike Championships at Powder Mountain
- March 1 – Wild and Scenic Film Festival – Celebrating Wild Utah Project’s 20th Anniversary
- March 4 – International Fly Fishing Film Festival at Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- March 4-6 – Wasatch Powder Keg at Brighton Resort – wasatchpowderkeg.com
- March 5 – Ogden Bike Park Volunteer Clean Up
- March 5 – X-Trifecta Triathlon at Hidden Lake, Powder Mountain – Shred, Ped, Tread
- March 11 – Weber Pathways Presents an evening with Craig Johnson, author of the Longmire mystery series. $100
- March 12 – Striders Winter Race Circuit 10 Miler
- March 20 – Antelope Island Buffalo Run
- March 31 – Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
- April 2 – Striders Winter Race Circuit ½ Marathon
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
- April 23 – Striders Winter Race Circuit 30K
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Goodness is the only investment that never fails.” – Henry David Thoreau
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for hosting today’s 229th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.