Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 235 - Ogden is on Fire!
Restaurant Week, The Ogden Climbing Festival, and podcasting down by the river - This is Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 235!
Sydnie Furton & Shane Osguthorpe – Visit Ogden, Ogden Restaurant Week!
Mike Henderson - Weber Outdoor Program – 9th Annual Ogden Climbing Festival
ON THE DOCKET
- April 16 – Ogden Nature Center Earth Day Fair
- April 16-17 - Snowbasin 80s Weekend – 80s cover band, photo booth, pond skim, DJ
- April 16-24 – National Park Week
- April 16 – Mountain Goat Watch – Mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon
- April 23 – Winter Race Circuit 30K
- April 23 – Ogden-Wide Photo Meet – Ogden Locals Mass Photo Shoot
- April 23 – 14th Annual Lone Peak Celebration – saveourcanyons.org
- April 27 – 16th Annual Utah Whitewater Club Film Festival
- April 30th – Comcast Cares Day – Ogden River Cleanup
- April 30th – Tour de Brewtah at the Gallivan Center, SLC
- May 3 – Of Wolves and Wilderness Talk – The Wild Utah Project
- May 5 – Wild Birds of Great Salt Lake w/Rosalie Winard – Presentation & Slideshow at St. Joseph Catholic School
- May 7 – Ogden Nature Center's Fly with the Flock 5K/2.5K Kids Run
- May 7 – Ogden Bike Swap – Ogden Bicycle Collective
- May 7-8 – Jordanelle Reservoir Perimeter Paddle Cleanup!
- May 8 – Snowbasin Mother’s Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 11-13 – 2016 Great Salt Lake Issues Forum
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
IN THE NEWS
- Weber State University Joins Several Organizations to Confront Climate Change
- Ogden is Awesome – a Wojo blog
- Photogenic Southern Utah Slot Canyon Defaced with Graffiti
- This Land is Our Land: Climbing On Public Lands
- 90 Year Old with Cancer Says No to Chemo and Yes to Travel & Camper
- California 12 Year Old Readies for Mt. Everest
- 2 Combat Veterans Strive to be the First Combat Amputees to Climb Everest
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“One (beer) today is worth two (beers) tomorrows.” ― Benjamin (brewer) Franklin
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Michael Furry - Utah State Flatpick Champion as recorded in a van down by the river backstage at the Ogden Music Festival
Recorded LIVE in a van at the Garden beside the Monarch Building in Ogden Utah in conjunction with Ogden City Arts, First Friday Art Stroll, and arts nonprofit, Ogden First, this is Van Sessions with Ogden local and Nashville recording artist, Sammy Brue, with KJ Ward.
This is what it sounds like when you get 6 musicians in a van backstage at the Ogden Music Festival presented by Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music. Sugar and the Mint were phenomenal!
Branson Anderson rounds out Season 4 of Van Sessions with a phenomenal 4-song set!
2 members of The Hollering Pines joined us for a mini-Van Sessions set recorded LIVE backstage at OFOAM.
An eclectic 4-song set by solo artist Lysergic Ashes in a van down by the railroad tracks during Ogden Utah's First Friday Art Stroll.
A phenomenal 4-song acoustic set in a van by a Jill Johnson, a melancholy singer who will leave you with a smile and a warmed heart.
Busting onto the Ogden scene, Giants in the Oak Tree, crushed their 4-song Van Sessions set. Busting out the doors with the drums, this episode sounds amazing for shoving a full band in a tight space. This one is a must listen!
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.