Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 236 - This is Why Doves Cry
Honoring the man who loved purple, OOA Show 236 features a Prince theme while covering local outdoor adventure events, news, worth watching videos, worth reading articles, and gear.
We played some clips of Prince music in the background that I bought off of iTunes which he is dominating right now despite his distaste of streaming services. So in honor of Prince, please note, all his music is copyrighted and owned by the late Prince and we are playing in remembrance. Hope that's cool, Prince. We love you!
ON THE DOCKET
- April 22 – 6th Annual Wildlife Baby Shower & Open House – Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Northern Utah
- April 22-23 – Spring NotQuinox 2016 – All the Bands
- April 23 – Winter Race Circuit 30K
- April 23 – Ogden-Wide Photo Meet – Ogden Locals Mass Photo Shoot
- April 23 – 14th Annual Lone Peak Celebration – saveourcanyons.org
- April 27 – 16th Annual Utah Whitewater Club Film Festival
- April 30th – Comcast Cares Day – Ogden River Cleanup
- April 30th – Tour de Brewtah at the Gallivan Center, SLC
- May 3 – Of Wolves and Wilderness Talk – The Wild Utah Project
- May 3 – Weber River Whitewater Study – Focus Group for Boaters and the Weber River Hydroelectric Project 7-9pm
- May 5 – 4th Annual Ogden Trails Network 2016 Shindig
- May 5 – Wild Birds of Great Salt Lake w/Rosalie Winard – Presentation & Slideshow at St. Joseph Catholic School
- May 7 – Ogden Nature Center's Fly with the Flock 5K/2.5K Kids Run
- May 7 – Ogden Bike Swap – Ogden Bicycle Collective
- May 7-8 – Jordanelle Reservoir Perimeter Paddle Cleanup!
- May 8 – Snowbasin Mother’s Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 11-13 – 2016 Great Salt Lake Issues Forum
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- May 28-30 – AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course – Derek DeBruin
- June 6-9 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO.
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
IN THE NEWS
- Can we NOT pet the Bison, Please
- SLC Man Hikes, Skis Entire 210 Mile Wasatch Mountain Range
- Snowboarding World Champion Dies in Avalanche
- Hiking Actually Changes Our Brains
- Appeals Court Backs Ban on Snowboarders at Alta
- Condors are Nesting in Zion
- 10 Seasons of the Joy of Painting is now on YouTube
- Sports Chalet Closing All Locations and Ceases Online Sales
- Runner Dies During Ultra Fiord 100 in Patagonia
- WORTH READING
- Nomad Paddle Outfitters
- REI Gear Re-Launch
- Ravean Heated Sleeping Bag Liners
- Sierra Designs High Route 1 FL Tent
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” ― PRINCE
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
“When Doves Cry” – PRINCE
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.