Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 237 - Ogden Trails
INTERVIEW – DAVID OWEN, OGDEN TRAILS NETWORK
· Shin Dig
· Upcoming Projects
· Trail Maintenance – Rules for the Public
· Expectations for Ogden Canyon
ON THE DOCKET
- EDIT - LAST MINUTE ADDITION: April 30 - 10am-2pm, Ogden Play Park Kayak Gear Swap & Slalom Race
- April 30th – Comcast Cares Day – Ogden River Cleanup
- April 30th – Tour de Brewtah at the Gallivan Center, SLC
- May 3 – Of Wolves and Wilderness Talk – The Wild Utah Project
- May 3 – Weber River Whitewater Study – Focus Group for Boaters and the Weber River Hydroelectric Project 7-9pm
- May 5 – 4th Annual Ogden Trails Network 2016 Shindig
- May 5 – Wild Birds of Great Salt Lake w/Rosalie Winard – Presentation & Slideshow at St. Joseph Catholic School
- May 7 – Ogden Nature Center's Fly with the Flock 5K/2.5K Kids Run
- May 7 – Ogden Bike Swap – Ogden Bicycle Collective
- May 7 - Mutts on the Mountain & Bark in the Park
- May 7-8 – Jordanelle Reservoir Perimeter Paddle Cleanup!
- May 8 – Snowbasin Mother’s Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 11-13 – 2016 Great Salt Lake Issues Forum
- May 12-14 – Weber Pathways Weed Hunt/National Trails Day
- May 14 – The Back of Beyond Paddle Race – 7 Mile Downriver SUP Race, Colorado River, Moab
- May 20 – Ogden Mayor’s Bike to Work Day
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- May 21 – 3rd Annual Ogden Bike Park Spring Jam
- May 28 – Wasatch 360 – A 6 Hour MTB Race – Heber City
- May 28-30 – AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course – Derek DeBruin
- June 6-9 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO.
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival
- June 11 – SLC Bike Collective Presents Bike Prom
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27-28 – August Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
IN THE NEWS
- Public Input Delays Pineview Reservoir Boat Curfew Vote
- Arches National Park Seeks Help Finding Graffiti Vandals
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Plan to Kill all 16 in Dell Creek Wolf Pack
- Bison May Become America’s National Mammal
- Man Runs London Marathon in Ski Boots
- 14-year-old Becomes Youngest to Ski to the North Pole
- Upslope Brews Premium Craft Beer Exclusively for Utah
- A Guide to Drinking Legally in the National Parks
- 17 Interesting Facts About Mt. Everest
- Petzl Aspir Harness Warning
- Klymit Sleeping Bag Honored By Outside Magazine Gear of the Year 2016
- New Dates for 2017 Winter Market
- Montana Climbing Skins
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go.” ― Tennessee Williams
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 237th episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & SoundCloud, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX –
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.