Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 238 - Weber Outdoors
Rod Kramer & Mark Benigni – Weber Pathways
- Ogden Canyon study Phase II
- Weed Round-up May 12-14
- Trail modernization projects
- New pathway construction - Pineview Loop, Wolf Creek to Eden 4-way
Jamie Bernstein & Mike Henderson - Assistant Coordinators – Weber Outdoor Program
- Get to know Jamie
- Upcoming Programs Trips – Friday Rock Climbing, SUP, Backpacking, Kayaking, etc.
- Summer Rentals
- Dream Adventure
ON THE DOCKET
Friday’s, April 15-June 10 - Free Ogden Weekly Rock Climbing Night 6-8:30, 9th Street Crag
- May 11-13 – 2016 Great Salt Lake Issues Forum
- May 12-14 – Weber Pathways Weed Hunt/National Trails Day
- May 13-15 - Intro to White Water Kayaking - Weber Outdoor Program
- May 14 – The Back of Beyond Paddle Race – 7 Mile Downriver SUP Race, Colorado River, Moab
- May 20 – Ogden Mayor’s Bike to Work Day
- May 21-22 – Intro to Backpacking - Weber Outdoor Program
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- May 21 – 3rd Annual Ogden Bike Park Spring Jam
- May 28 – Wasatch 360 – A 6 Hour MTB Race – Heber City
- May 28-30 – AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course – Derek DeBruin
- June 6-9 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO.
- June 7/9 – Weber Outdoor Program Intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival
- June 11 – SLC Bike Collective Presents Bike Prom
- June 11 - Intro to SUP - Weber Outdoor Program
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- June 24-26 – Weber Outdoor Program Wild Iris Rock Climbing Trip
- June 24 – Weber Outdoor Program Weber River Inflatable Kayaking 11-5pm
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 9-10 - Kings Peak Backpacking Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15-17 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 29-31 – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Backpacking Trip
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- August 5-7 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
IN THE NEWS
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Center Takes in Babies After Wind Storm
- Woman Drowned in Oregon Paddleboarding
- Who Spends More: Lululemon or REI Shopper?
- Jump for Joy Fundraiser – GoPro Bombsquad
- Are Tick Marks OK?
ADVENTURE – Beus Trail
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“An oak and a reed were arguing about their strength. When a strong wind came up, the reed avoided being uprooted by bending and leaning with the gusts of wind. But the oak stood firm and was torn up by the roots.” ― Aesop, NaatureShows That It’s Better To Bend Than To Break
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX –
“Time Machine” – The Highway Thieves
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.