Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 289 - 38% of Normal
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 289 - 38% of Normal | Adventure for your ears
WEEKLY HAPPY | Door in the Sky from Red Bull
ON THE DOCKET
- Now-12/2 Ski Week Sale, GEAR:30
- 11.30 Ogden Backcountry Bash - Fundraiser for OAC, The Front Climbing Gym
- 11.30 Ogden Pub Runners Weekly Run, The Iron Horse, 6pm.
- 11.30 Ice Fishing Seminar, DWR
- 12.1 First Friday Art Stroll (Adventure Photographer Cam McLeod at The Front)
- 12.2 Ogden Nature Center Holiday Open House & Local Artisan Fair
- 12.2 Ugly Christmas Sweater Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Co. 11am.
- 12.7 Reel Rock 12 - Jim Santy Auditorium, Park City
- 12.9 Frosty Fat Tire Training, Nordic Valley
- 12.9 Wildcat Dedication Party, Snowbasin
- 12.15-18 Ouray Ice Climbing Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 12.16 Nordic Valley 7K Trail Run
- 12.16 UTA Ski Bus Service Begins to Snowbasin
- 12.24 Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- 12.30 Frosty Fat Tire Race, Nordic Valley
- 1.3-7 USU WFR Course
- 1.10 Dawn Patrol with the Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.13-15 AIARE 1 Course, Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.19-21 AIARE 1 Course, Bear House Mountain Guiding, Cottonwoods
- 1.21 Intro to Ice Climbing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 1.27 OWA Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Cottonwoods
- 2.3 Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- 2.3 Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 2.16-18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
IN THE NEWS
- Ski Report | Depressing
- Utah Snowpack at 38% of Average to Date
- Alpenglow Sports launches new podcast
- Yellowstone to cull 600 Bison
GEAR:30 | New Gore Infinium Line
MY LANDS | Rally Against Trump’s Monumental Mistake, Utah State Capital 1-2:30pm
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” - William Feather
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 289th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “The Night We Met” - Lord Huron
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.