Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 290 - On The Map!
Order your map! Click here: https://www.climbonmaps.com/buy.html
ON THE DOCKET
- 12.7 Snowbasin Opening Day!!
- 12.7 Livestream Interview with Bruce Tremper, 6:30-7:30pm
- 12.7 Reel Rock 12 - Jim Santy Auditorium, Park City
- 12.7 Weekly Ogden Pub Runners Run, Stockmans Bar, Layton, 6-9pm
- 12.9 The Front Makers Market 10am-2pm
- 12.9 Frosty Fat Tire Training, Nordic Valley
- 12.9 #Waiting4Winter Party at the Powder Keg, Powder Mountain, 2-6pm
- 12.9 Wildcat Dedication Party, Snowbasin
- 12.12 Nate Smith: Author of Beehive Ice, Presentation at Petzl America 6-8:30pm
- 12.15-18 Ouray Ice Climbing Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 12.16 Nordic Valley 7K Trail Run
- 12.16 UTA Ski Bus Service Begins to Snowbasin
- 12.16 Reindeer & Beer Brewery Crawl, City Weekly, $15 11am-5pm
- 12.24 Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- 12.30 Frosty Fat Tire Race, Nordic Valley
- 1.3-7 USU WFR Course
- 1.6 2nd Annual Turn N’ Burn Banked Slalom at Powder Mountain, 9-6pm
- 1.10 Dawn Patrol with the Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.13-15 AIARE 1 Course, Weber Outdoor Program
- 1.19-21 AIARE 1 Course, Bear House Mountain Guiding, Cottonwoods
- 1.21 Intro to Ice Climbing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 1.27 OWA Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Cottonwoods
- 2.3 Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- 2.3 Intro to Backcountry Skiing, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 2.15-19 Vertical Integration Ogden, Utah Backcountry Getaway, $795
- 2.16-18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Make one person happy each day and in forty years you will have made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time, at least.” - Charley Willey
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 290th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | Sifting through hours of crappy music, so you don’t have to.
“Pictures on a Wall” - Ira Wolf
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.