Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 269 - March, Basically Summer
The overall avalanche danger is MODERATE today for loose wet avalanches, falling cornices, and glide avalanches. With above freezing temperatures overnight and warm temperatures expected today, decent riding conditions will only exist during a very short window this morning. As riding conditions deteriorate, the avalanche danger will increase.
INTERVIEW | Kurt Flickinger, Uinta Brewing Co.
Introducing Uinta Brewing's new Birthday Suit Beer - 24th Anniversary Release: Sour Cherry Blonde Ale. Kurt also intro's a Lime Pilsner teaser. Be sure to head down to Slackwater today to enjoy the Golden Ale - National Park can rotation beer. This year's limited release can graphics include Yosemite, Yellowstone, Arches, and Great Smokey Mountains National Park.
ON THE DOCKET
- March 16 - Intro to Bike Commuting/Intro to Randonneuring
- March 18 - Wasatch Showdown - Annual Firefighters Fundraiser at Powder Mountain
- March 18 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Ben Lomond Shoulder
- March 18 - Snowbasin Season Tickets for 2017/18 go on sale!
- March 19 - Intro to Backcountry Skiing - Bear House Mountain Guiding
- March 21-26 - Salomon Ultra Running Academy - running, training, workshops, Moab
- March 23 - Snowbasin Avalanche Dog Fundraiser at Alleged, 7pm
- April 7-8 - Ogden Climbing Festival with Alex Honnold & Cedar Wright, #OCF10
- June 2 - Ogden Film Festival Live Screening
- June 4 - Ogden Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs - Ogden Animal Hospital
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 10-11 - Ogden Arts Festival
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
IN THE NEWS
- Snowbasin Announces New High Speed Wildcat Chairlift for 2017/18 Season
- Utah wildlife worker tranquilized while working with bears
- SUP Self-supported Lake Powell circumnavigation
- Dale makes all us guys look bad with epic Arctic Circle wedding proposal photos
- Jeep found under 20 feet on snow on Donner Pass
- Rock & Ice TNB: Climbing’s Big Mistake
- Gavin's Underground Culture: The Banyan Collective, A chat with the trio behind the Ogden-based podcasting network
#GEAR30 - Premier Mountain Equipment
- Arc’teryx Cerium Hoody Demo Update
- Crescent Moon Eva All-foam Snowshoes Kickstarter
TRIP REPORT | Lower Boulder Field is on point
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 269th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Take It All Back” – Judah & the Lion
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”