Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 268 - Legendary Sheep
Two men in a van down by the trailhead. We chat Bears Ears and the 54:54 phone conversation between the Guv and the Outdoor Industry, provide some lighthearted fun with a sheep involved Weekly Happy, News, Events, Gear, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Cheers to you, thanks for listening friends!
The avalanche danger will rise to the high end of MODERATE on all steep sunlit slopes with daytime warming. The steep east to south to west facing terrain is to be avoided by the time it becomes damp and unstable, usually in the mid-morning to mid-afternoon hours. Pockets of MODERATE exist for lingering wind drifts in the steep exposed alpine terrain. Cornices have become gargantuan and unruly - take particular care along and beneath cornice-littered ridgelines.
ON THE DOCKET
- Powder Mountain Ladies Night powered by SheShreds.co $15
- March 3 - Season 3 Episode 2 of Van Sessions
- March 4 - World Telemark Day
- March 10-12 - Wasatch Powder Keg Backcountry Races and Clinics
- March 10 - International Fly Fishing Film Festival at Peery’s. Ogden River Preservation Benefit
- March 11 - Spring Stampede at Powder Mountain - Free boarder/skier cross race
- March 11 - Snow Skills Clinic - Bear House Mountain Guiding
- March 11 - Moonlight Glide at Ogden Nordic
- March 18 - Wasatch Showdown - Annual Firefighters Fundraiser at Powder Mountain
- March 18 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Ben Lomond Shoulder
- March 19 - Intro to Backcountry Skiing - Bear House Mountain Guiding
- March 21-26 - Salomon Ultra Running Academy - running, training, workshops, Moab
- March 23 - Snowbasin Avalanche Dog Fundraiser at Alleged, 7pm
- April 7-8 - Ogden Climbing Festival with Alex Honnold & Cedar Wright, #OCF10
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
IN THE NEWS
- Ogden Climbing Festival 10 Features 2 Keynote Speakers
- Jeff Lowe Presented with Piolet d’Ors Lifetime Achievement Award
- Happy Birthday Yellowstone
- Women Crushing Rocks
- Transatlantic SUP Crossing is now over 82 days in
- Kelly Slater Calls for Culling of Sharks
- First Winter Solo of the Troll Wall
- OSHA Fines Wyoming Exum Guides
#GEAR30 - Premier Mountain Equipment
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” ― Mark Twain
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 267th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Keeping it to Yourself” – Could Ever
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.
Teresita Dovalpage, writing about food and murder and what it's like to wrap them together in Cuba, made us laugh and opened up on the LITerally Podcast about being a writer.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.