Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 272 - Jaws and Bears
ON THE DOCKET
- May 11 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Huntsville 9am
- May 11 - 2017 Ogden Trails Network Shindig at The Front 5:30pm-8:30pm
- May 12 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Ogden, 29th Street Trailhead 9am
- May 12 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- May 13 - Fly With The Flock 5K & Pancake Breakfast at Ogden Nature Center 8am
- May 13 - Weber Pathways Weed Roundup - Eden, Eden Park 9am
- May 13 - Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides 5K at Eccles Dinosaur Park, 10am
- May 13 - Back of Beyond Downriver SUP Race on the Colorado River in Moab
- May 14 - Snowbasin Mother Day Brunch at Earl’s Lodge
- May 19 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- May 20 - Ogden Marathon
- May 26 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 2 - Ogden Film Festival Live Screening
- June 2 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 3 - Great Salt Lake Open Water Marathon Swim
- June 4 - Ogden Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs - Ogden Animal Hospital
- June 8-11 - GoPro Mountain Games
- June 9 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 10 - Snowbasin Summer Opening Day
- June 11 - Snowbasin Blues Brews & BBQ Kick Off
- June 10-11 - Ogden Arts Festival
- June 10 - Paddle Pedal Paddle - Jordanelle State Park
- June 16 - WSU Outdoor Program Weekly Climb Night at 9th Street; 5-8pm
- June 17-25 - Alpenglow Mountain Festival, Tahoe City
- July 7 - Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride - Antelope Island
- July 9 - Ogden Outdoors Group Great Ben Lomond Hike 7am-5pm
- August 12 - Snowbasin Intermountain Cup X-Country MTB Race
IN THE NEWS
- Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Ogden & Logan Districts looking for Adopt-a-Trail Volunteers
- 9-Year-Old Boy Died After Falling Into Ogden River
- Ogden River’s South Fork Overspills Banks
- New Bills Would Allow 2 More State Parks, Escalante & Little Sahara
- Bonneville Cutts Return After 50 Years
- Aspen Skiing Co. Buys Steamboat & Other Resorts for $1.5 Billion
- Great White Shark appears in wave over surfers shoulder
- Black Bear really wants inside home to eat brownies
- Helmet-cam footage of bear chasing mountain bikers
- EVEREST - Climber Detained after hiding to avoid buying $11K permit
- EVEREST - 86-year-old Mountaineer Died in Everest Base Camp
#GEAR30 - Premier Mountain Equipment
- Ogden Mountain Running Trucker Hats - #alltherage
TRIP REPORT | Indian Trail from Ogden Canyon (podcast only)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“I will not meddle with that which I cannot mend” ― Thomas Fuller
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 271stEpisode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Busting onto the Ogden scene, Giants in the Oak Tree, crushed their 4-song Van Sessions set. Busting out the doors with the drums, this episode sounds amazing for shoving a full band in a tight space. This one is a must listen!
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.