Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 296 - Olympics, Photographs & Japan
FULL SHOW | Includes Interview with Cam Mcleod
INTERVIEW ONLY | Cam Mcleod, Adventure Photographer
ON THE DOCKET
- 2.13-19 G30 Love + Outside Event
- 2.14 Snowbasin Sweetheart Dinner, $90
- 2.15-19 Vertical Integration Ogden, Utah Backcountry Getaway, $795
- 2.16 Outdoor Women’s Alliance AIARE Level 1, Bear House Mountain Guiding, SLC
- 2.17 Winter Race Circuit 5K, Dee Events Center
- 1.23-25 Rossignol Steeps Camp, Snowbasin
- 2.23 IF4 - International Fly Fishing Film Festival, Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- 2.24 Salomon Snowcross Relays, Ogden Nordic
- 2.24 11th Annual Powder Mountain Grom Fest
- 2.16-18 Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour - Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- 3.2-4 Womens Ski Camp with Two-Time Olympian Jillian Vogtli, Snowbasin
- 3.10 2nd Annual Turn N’ Burn Banked Slalom at Powder Mountain, 9-6pm
- 3.10 Demo Day at Snowbasin, $10
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
IN THE NEWS
- 13 Year Old Dies Falling off Angels Landing
- Body of Female Hiker Found in Refrigerator Canyon
- Salt Lake City Bids for Olympics
- 2018 Boulder National Championships Results
- Winter Olympic Ski & Snowboard Times
- Mt. Ashland Closes
WORTH WATCHING | Japan: An Epic 10 Days With Team Rossignol
WORTH READING | Photographer Jimmy Chin on Mastering the Art of Chill
TRIP REPORT | Indian Trail Hike (podcast)
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.” ― Abraham Lincoln
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 296th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “One Foot” - WALK THE MOON
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.