Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 298 - Is It Legal?
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, PBR pancakes and more on the 298th episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show - Is It Legal?
WEEKLY HAPPY | 100 Year Old Utah Skier
ON THE DOCKET
- 3.1 Full Moon Uphill Ski Event at Snowbasin
- 3.2 Van Sessions / First Friday Art Stroll
- 3.3 SheShreds.co Jamboree #2, Powder Mountain, 10am
- 3.3 Fat Bike Demo Day w/ The Bike Shoppe, Ogden Nordic, 10am, Free Pancakes!
- 3.2-4 Womens Ski Camp with Two-Time Olympian Jillian Vogtli, Snowbasin
- 3.10 2nd Annual Turn N’ Burn Banked Slalom at Powder Mountain, 9-6pm
- 3.10 Ogden Valley Adaptive Sports Demo Day at Snowbasin, $10
- 3.17 Celtic Celebration, Celtic Beat Dancers, Live Music, Peery’s Egyptian Theater, 7:30p
- 3.24 Advanced Backcountry Touring with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 3.31 Mountain Luxury Free Pancake Run
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
IN THE NEWS
- Ogden Featured in Unofficial Networks Article
- Zion Campground switches to reservation system
- Climb-On Maps Featured in Rock & Ice
- Low Snow Costs Ski Industry 1 Billion
- Two Snowshoeing Teens Killed by Avalanche
- 10 Deepest Snowpacks in North America
- Apple 3 Series Watch Adding Snowsports Tracking
- Is it legal??? To smoke weed in a National Park?
- Activists Calling for Boycott of Vista Outdoor Brands
- Who makes the best outdoor growler?
WORTH WATCHING | Soundtrek Everest
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 298th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Silence” - Marshmello, Khalid
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.