Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 299 - #OnTheRadar
WEEKLY HAPPY | John Denver - Dancing With The Mountains
ON THE DOCKET
- 3.8 Ogden Pub Runners Weekly Run, Yes, Hell Bar, 6pm
- 3.10 2nd Annual Turn N’ Burn Banked Slalom at Powder Mountain, 9-6pm
- 3.10 Ogden Valley Adaptive Sports Demo Day at Snowbasin, $10
- 3.11 Intro to Backcountry Skiing with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 3.12 Discussion on Public Lands, Pleasant Valley Library, 7pm
- 3.14 Backcountry Film Festival, Jim Santy Auditorium, 7pm, $10
- 3.15 Seeing Green Clearance Event at GEAR:30, Up to 40% OFF Winter Goods
- 3.17 Celtic Celebration, Celtic Beat Dancers, Live Music, Peery’s Egyptian Theater, 7:30p
- 3.24 Advanced Backcountry Touring with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 3.24 Spring Beer Fest, Union Station, 5-9pm, $20
- 3.24 Ski to End Allheimer’s, Snowbasin Resort, Top of Wildcat, 12:30pm
- 3.28 Snowbasin Avalanche Rescue Dog Fundraiser, Alleged, 7-10pm
- 3.31 Mountain Luxury Free Pancake Run
- 4.2-8 Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
- 4.6 Van Sessions Season 4, Episode 2 LIVE at Union Station, 7-10pm
- 5.10 2018 Ogden Trails Shin Dig, The Front Climbing Club, 5:30-8:30pm
- 5.12 Fly With The Flock 5K at Ogden Nature Center
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
IN THE NEWS
- 5 Sites to Follow For Female-Focused Outdoor News & Stories
- 10 Women Leading The Outdoors
- 6 Utahns to Participate in 2018 Paralympics
- Snowmobiler Dies After Crash in Unita Mountains
- Utah Avalanche Center Films Snowmobiler Caught & Carried in Avalanche
- Wear Your Rubbers When Hucking in Yellowstone
- Chaining Yourself to a Bison Pen is a Bad Idea, and Illegal
- Big Sky Introducing America’s First High-Speed, Eight Seater
- Big Wave Surf Pioneer George Downing Passed Away
WORTH WATCHING | February - Pillow Fight
WORTH READING | San Rafael Swell, Utah’s Pseudo-Secret Playground
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 299th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “We Sink” - Chvrches
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.