Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 305 - Wheeler Thru-Hike
WEEKLY HAPPY | Boogie Boarding Groomers
TRAILS REPORT | webertrails.org
ON THE DOCKET
- 4.26 Bikepacking 101 - Route Planning & Gear Packing, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 4.28 My Life and Times, Sir Chris Bonnington at Union Grill, 5:30-8pm, $100.
- 4.28 Coldwater Traverse 11/16 Mile Trail Run, Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- 4.28 Storytellers Series: Kevin Jorgeson, The Front SLC, 7:30-10pm
- 4.29 Dirtbag Movie, Momentum Indoor Climbing Millcreek, 6:30pm
- 4.29 Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Co, 10:30am-11:30am
- 5.1 Two-Wheel Tuesdays at Slackwater, 8pm
- 5.4 Van Sessions, Union Station, First Friday Art Stroll
- 5.5 Gib Wallace Memorial Trail Race 4 & 10 Mile, Ogden Trail Running Fest, 5-8pm
- 5.10 2018 Ogden Trails Shin Dig, The Front Climbing Club, 5:30-8:30pm
- 5.10 Bikepacking 101 - Rig & Bag Check & Shake Down Ride, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 5.12 Fly With The Flock 5K at Ogden Nature Center
- 5.12 First Annual Provo River Race - Bridal Veil Falls, Class III
- 5.12 Ogden Bicycle Collective Bike Swap - 10% OFF Everything
- 5.13 Mother’s Day Brunch at Snowbasin, 10:30-4:30
- 5.17 Climber & Author Tommy Caldwell at the Patagonia Outlet, SLC
- 5.19 Zions Bank Ogden Marathon
- 6.2 Trad Climbing Clinic, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 6.9-10 Ogden Arts Festival 2018
- 6.9 Mountain Gravity Expo, Rio Tinto
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
IN THE NEWS
- Snowbasin Announces Blues Brews & BBQ Lineup
- Capitol Reef National Park Announces Artists in Residence
- Rainbow Bridge National Monument is National Park Services First Dark Sky Sanctuary
- Greys River Road slide will be months long fix
- Celebrate National Parks Week with Parks Project
- Clam House For Sale
- What animal kills more humans than any other?
- Chances of Dying Ranked by Action Sport
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Perfect Color” - SafetySuit
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.