Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 305 - Wheeler Thru-Hike
WEEKLY HAPPY | Boogie Boarding Groomers
TRAILS REPORT | webertrails.org
ON THE DOCKET
- 4.26 Bikepacking 101 - Route Planning & Gear Packing, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 4.28 My Life and Times, Sir Chris Bonnington at Union Grill, 5:30-8pm, $100.
- 4.28 Coldwater Traverse 11/16 Mile Trail Run, Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- 4.28 Storytellers Series: Kevin Jorgeson, The Front SLC, 7:30-10pm
- 4.29 Dirtbag Movie, Momentum Indoor Climbing Millcreek, 6:30pm
- 4.29 Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Co, 10:30am-11:30am
- 5.1 Two-Wheel Tuesdays at Slackwater, 8pm
- 5.4 Van Sessions, Union Station, First Friday Art Stroll
- 5.5 Gib Wallace Memorial Trail Race 4 & 10 Mile, Ogden Trail Running Fest, 5-8pm
- 5.10 2018 Ogden Trails Shin Dig, The Front Climbing Club, 5:30-8:30pm
- 5.10 Bikepacking 101 - Rig & Bag Check & Shake Down Ride, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 5.12 Fly With The Flock 5K at Ogden Nature Center
- 5.12 First Annual Provo River Race - Bridal Veil Falls, Class III
- 5.12 Ogden Bicycle Collective Bike Swap - 10% OFF Everything
- 5.13 Mother’s Day Brunch at Snowbasin, 10:30-4:30
- 5.17 Climber & Author Tommy Caldwell at the Patagonia Outlet, SLC
- 5.19 Zions Bank Ogden Marathon
- 6.2 Trad Climbing Clinic, Bear House Mountain Guiding
- 6.9-10 Ogden Arts Festival 2018
- 6.9 Mountain Gravity Expo, Rio Tinto
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
IN THE NEWS
- Snowbasin Announces Blues Brews & BBQ Lineup
- Capitol Reef National Park Announces Artists in Residence
- Rainbow Bridge National Monument is National Park Services First Dark Sky Sanctuary
- Greys River Road slide will be months long fix
- Celebrate National Parks Week with Parks Project
- Clam House For Sale
- What animal kills more humans than any other?
- Chances of Dying Ranked by Action Sport
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” - Henry David Thoreau
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Perfect Color” - SafetySuit
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.