Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 304 - Don't Get Yakked
Where Outdoor Adventure summits the airwaves, it’s the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show!
WEEKLY HAPPY | Don’t Get Yakked OFF
TRAILS REPORT | webertrails.org
ON THE DOCKET
- Now Ogden Restaurant Week through April 21st!
- 4.19 Utah Whitewater Film Festival, Brewvies, 7pm
- 4.19 Bikepacking 101 - Camping Gear, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 4.19 Bike Repair 101 - Wheel Building Part 2, Ogden Bicycle Collective, 6pm
- 4.21 Earth Day Celebration at Ogden Nature Center
- 4.21 Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Co, 10:30-11:30am
- 4.21 Cut Pollution - Mow Electric Day, Weber Pathways 9am-3pm,
- 4.26 Bikepacking 101 - Route Planning & Gear Packing, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 4.28 My Life and Times, Sir Chris Bonnington at Union Grill, 5:30-8pm, $100.
- 4.28 Coldwater Traverse 11/16 Mile Trail Run, Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- 4.29 Dirtbag Movie, Momentum Indoor Climbing Millcreek, 6:30pm
- 4.29 Beer Yoga, Talisman Brewing Co, 10:30am-11:30am
- 5.5 Gib Wallace Memorial Trail Race 4 & 10 Mile, Ogden Trail Running Fest, 5-8pm
- 5.10 2018 Ogden Trails Shin Dig, The Front Climbing Club, 5:30-8:30pm
- 5.10 Bikepacking 101 - Rig & Bag Check & Shake Down Ride, The Bike Shoppe, 6pm
- 5.12 Fly With The Flock 5K at Ogden Nature Center
- 5.12 Ogden Bicycle Collective Bike Swap - 10% OFF Everything
- 5.17 Climber & Author Tommy Caldwell at the Patagonia Outlet, SLC
IN THE NEWS
- Nordic Valley Under New Management
- Drunk ski jump over a crowd of spectators leads to criminal investigation
- Sherpa Aims to Become First Person to Summit Everest 22 Times
- Select Yellowstone Roads Open April 20th
- Man sets world record for Vertical Feet Climbed & Skied in 24 Hours
- National Park Entrance Fees Will Rise
- Outdoor Recreation Bill Gains Support From Congressional Committee
WORTH WATCHING | Two Nineteen Forty Four
GEAR:30 | We Have Hammocks! #AllTheEno
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.” - Semi Sivananda
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.