Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 310 - Pathways
ON THE DOCKET
- Mountain Bike Dawn Patrol, Wednesday’s - Weber Outdoor Program
- Blues, Brews & BBQ, Sundays at Snowbasin
- 6.29 Utah Symphony Under the Stars - Patriotic Pops at Snowbasin
- 6.29 Kyle Gerber Celebration of Life - Ogden Nature Center, 6-8pm
- 6.29 TEDx Illumination - Peery’s Egyptian, 7-9pm
- 6.30 Weber River Inflatable Kayak Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 6.30 TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah supporting Weber Pathways
- 7.2 Snowbasin Movies on the Mountain - Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle
- 7.2 Monday Night Movies in Ogden, “The Sandlot” - Lorrin Farr Park, 7:30pm
- 7.6 First Friday Art Stroll, The Front: Sam Van Orman - The Front, 6-9pm
- 7.7 Summer Waterfall Series - Farmington Creek - Weber Outdoor Program
- 7.10 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 7.12 Trail Trials presented by Salomon - Powder Mountain, 6:30pm $25-$75
- 7.20-22 Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 7.19 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
- 7.24 Ogden Trail Dig with The Front - 22nd Street Trailhead, 6-8pm
- 7.31 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.2 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.4 Summer Waterfall Series - Adams Canyon - Weber Outdoor Program
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.14 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.16 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.18 5th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard And Moustache Competition
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 8.30 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
- 9.13 25th Annual Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Party
IN THE NEWS
- 8 Fires Now Burning Across Utah
- Utah National Parks See 68% Increase in Search & Rescue Operations
- Utah has 6th-Best Ski Season
- Female Skiers Out Earned Male Skiers Two Years In A Row
- Mammoth Plans to Construct Nation’s Longest Zip Line
- Naked Hermit Forced Back to Civilization
- Top 10 Ski Resort Breweries
- Guinness to open 1st brewery in US in decades
MY LANDS | Global Warming Turns 30
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ― John Steinbeck
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “Silence” - Steve Benjamins
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.