Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 311 - The Vansion (Take 2)
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks. Also, #OnTheDocket featuring upcoming adventure events, news, a GEAR:30 segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more. We even harken back to draggin the 'vard. Maybe we'll start our own van-drag thing. Or, something. Enjoy Ep. 311 - The Vansion (Take 2).
TRAILS REPORT | webertrails.org
INTERVIEW | Jake Nelson - Van Life’r, Custom Van Maker, Photographer
ON THE DOCKET
- Mountain Bike Dawn Patrol, Wednesday’s - Weber Outdoor Program
- Blues, Brews & BBQ, Sundays at Snowbasin
- Tube the Ogden, Friday’s & Saturday’s Pioneer Stadium to Crystal Wave
- 7.12 Trail Trials presented by Salomon - Powder Mountain, 6:30pm $25-$75
- 7.13 Pre-Speedgoat 50K Party w/Karl Meltzer - Wasatch Running Center, 3:30-6:30
- 7.14 Park City Trail Series 10K - Park City, 8am
- 7.16 Movies on the Mountain Featuring Goonies - Snowbasin, 4:30-10:30pm
- 7.20-22 Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- 7.19 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 7.19-23 Payette Rivers with Utah Whitewater Club - Hot Springs Campground
- 7.21 2018 Yellowstone Beer Fest
- 7.21 Speedgoat 50K
- 7.24 Ogden Trail Dig with The Front - 22nd Street Trailhead, 6-8pm
- 7.27 25th Anniversary Antelope By Moonlight Bike Ride - 10pm
- 7.28 River SUP for Beginners Clinic - Provo River, 9am-3pm
- 7.31 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.2 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.4 Summer Waterfall Series - Adams Canyon - Weber Outdoor Program
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.11 Park City Trail Series 15K - Park City, 8am
- 8.14 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.16 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.18 5th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard And Moustache Competition
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 8.25 Strankenstein’s Zombie Prom - Ogden’s Union Station, 7-11pm
- 8.30 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
- 9.13 25th Annual Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Party
- 9.15 Park City Trail Series 1/2 Marathon - Park City, 8am
IN THE NEWS
- Ortovox Avalanche Transceiver Recall
- Local admired teacher dies in SUP accident at Willard Bay
- Diesel Brother’s owner drives Freedom Bus to Freemont Island
- 3 Travel Bloggers killed after falling off waterfall
- Utah Olympic Park has giant airbag for Summer Slopestyle training
- Reward increased to help find whoever shot 2 mountain goats in Colorado
- That’s a LOT of poop - 71,000 pounds of waste removed from Everest
WORTH LISTENING | Basecamp: A Climbing Magazine Podcast
GEAR:30 | Visit gearthirty.com, and use Promo Code, “OOA” at checkout and save 10% on your purchase.
- Best piece of gear in #thevansion?
- Helinox separates from Big Agnes
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “The chance to do it over again is called now.” ― J.R. Rim
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 311th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | Giants in the Oak Tree LIVE on #VanSessions
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure featuring guest alpinst/climber, Derek DeBruin.
Your weekly dose of all things Ogden Outdoor Adventure.
With special guest, Brandi Bosworth of the Ogden Nature Center chatting Birds & Brews!
The latest in adventure news and events from Ogden, Utah!
OOA Show 332 with thru-hiker Bryden Bowley before he sets out on the CDT Trail. Also, adventure news, events, Worth Watching, Weekly Happy, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox!
Ep. 331 - Twilight. Adventure news, events, gear, and a Yellowstone trip report.
OOA Show 330 - It Can’t Rain All The Time with guest Joe Farley of Transcend Gear and the best crag pack made, the Crag Crusher.
Interview with Ogden premium glove maker company owner, Leathers. Adventure News, Events, and more!
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.