Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 312 - OR Recap
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparative Cuben Fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
OR moved to Denver last year and our little OOA team has yet to make the trip. GEAR:30 Big Enchilada Buyer (official position title), Chase Moffett, did make the trip along with a small shop contingency, and reported back to us covering some of the fresh gear coming into GEAR:30, trends, and navigating the new mile-high facilities.
On The Docket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more, all on episode 312 - OR Recap.
WEEKLY HAPPY | Jackson Hole Pond Skim
ON THE DOCKET
- Mountain Bike Dawn Patrol, Wednesday’s - Weber Outdoor Program
- Blues, Brews & BBQ, Sundays at Snowbasin
- Tube the Ogden, Friday’s & Saturday’s Pioneer Stadium to Crystal Wave
- 7.26 Free Screening of Reel Rock 12, The Front SLC - 8-10:30pm
- 7.27 El Doce Preview Ride, Powder Mountain - 6-8pm
- 7.27 25th Anniversary Antelope By Moonlight Bike Ride - 10pm
- 7.28 River SUP for Beginners Clinic - Provo River, 9am-3pm
- 7.31 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.2 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.4 Summer Waterfall Series - Adams Canyon - Weber Outdoor Program
- 8.9 YIKES Yoga and Bikes, Maples Trailhead
- 8.11 Skyline Mountain Marathon, Huntsville
- 8.11 Park City Trail Series 15K - Park City, 8am
- 8.14 SUP Demo with the WSU Outdoor Program & GEAR:30, Causey Reservoir, 4pm
- 8.16 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 8.17-18 Ogden Valley Balloon & Artist Festival, Eden
- 8.18 El Doce MTB Race at Powder Mountain
- 8.18 5th Annual Snowbird Oktoberfest Beard And Moustache Competition
- 8.24-26 Salt Lake Climbing Festival
- 8.25 Strankenstein’s Zombie Prom - Ogden’s Union Station, 7-11pm
- 8.30 Paper Airplane MTB Series presented by ENVE - Powder Mountain, 6-9pm
- 9.14-15 2018 Ogden Yoga Fest
- 9.13 25th Annual Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Party
- 9.15 Park City Trail Series 1/2 Marathon - Park City, 8am
IN THE NEWS
- Mountain Lion in them there hills
- Body of missing camper found in Uinta’s
- Cattle Cruelty
- Yosemite Fires
- Tram to Hollywood
WORTH WATCHING | TGR drops trailer for ‘Far Out’
WORTH LISTENING | Out Standing in a Field: Night Flight
GEAR:30 | Visit gearthirty.com, and use Promo Code, “OOA” at checkout and save 12% on your purchase.
- Christmas in July Ski Sale!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “Do what we can, summer will have it’s flies.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | “What I Want” - The Band CAMINO
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.