Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 216 - Ski Swaps, Witches & Zombies
The shoulder season and month of October doesn't mean events slow down in Ogden. This weekend is fully loaded with plenty of family friendly events over and above the outdoor adventures this good Fall weather affords.
This week's podcast includes interviews with Kim Bowsher of Historic 25th Street Association representing Witchstock, Tyler Deamer, organizer of Saturday's Ogden Zombie Crawl, and Tim and Tim from 2nd Tracks providing the goods on their annual gear swap - happening now! Dress as a zombie or witch and receive $5 off your 2nd Tracks purchase, this weekend only.
ON THE DOCKET
- Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Oct. 22-25 – Wilderness First Aid Course $325 – Utah Wilderness Safety
- Oct. 23-25 – 2nd Tracks Ski Swap
- Oct. 23 – Self Rescue Clinic – The Front Ogden 7-9pm $30
- Oct. 24 – Ogden Zombie Crawl & Witchstock
- Oct. 27 – FULL MOON SUP + Costumes + Floating Jack-o-lanterns
- Oct. 27,28,29 – Warren Miller’s Chasing Shadows 7:30pm, Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- Oct. 28 – Reel Rock 10 Film Tour – Jim Santy Auditorium, Park City. $17
- Oct. 29-31 – Snowbasin Ski Swap at Legacy Events Center, Farmington
- Oct. 31 – Utah Snow and Avalanche Workshop 1-5pm, South Towne Expo
- Nov. 2 – WSU Outdoor Program Bloomington Canyon, Idaho Yurt Rentals
- Nov. 7 – Nordic Valley Job Fair 9am-1pm
- Nov. 13 – Crown Royal Whiskey Dinner 6-9pm – Earl’s Lodge, Snowbasin
- Nov. 13 – 6th Annual Nearly Naked Mile (Friday the 13th) Clothes Donated to St. Anne’s Homeless Shelter in Ogden
- Nov. 3 – Top Rope Basics – The Front Ogden 7- 9pm.
- Nov. 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- Nov. 27 – Intro to Anchor Building Clininc – The Front Ogden 7-9pm
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Ogden Pummeling Colorado in the Outdoor Industry
- Hiker Airlifted Out of Waterfall Canyon
- Utah’s Danger Cave to Open
- KSL Outdoor Photos & Videos to Inspire Your Outdoor Adventures
- Jans Winter Welcome in Park City
- Outdoor Enthusiasts Ask EPA to Protect Utah Parks from Pollution
- Matt Bellassai – Questions I have for people who go skiing
- Standup Jounal – Vote For Local Andrade’s
- Wasatch SUP Garage SUP Storage Diagram
- AT Skiing and Snowboarding Trending Up
- Bauhaus Unusual Halloween Party’s
- How to Never Get Invited Hiking Again
Questions I Have For People Who Go Skiing // Presented By BuzzFeed & Bravo's Après Ski"You can't tell how good ANYBODY's butt looks in those ski pants."Watch the series premiere of Après Ski on Monday, November 2nd @ 10/9c only by Bravo.Posted by BuzzFeed Partner on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Thank you to SLACKWATER for hosting today’s 216th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Periscope & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.