Continuing our Trailhead Podcast Series, we decided to hit up a less popular Ogden Classic - Hidden Valley Trail. Accessed from Indian Trail, this steep route winds up the west-facing hillside and finally around the backside entering, you guessed it, a hidden valley where the mountain lions, and Bigfoot roam.
Thanks to Ogden Trails Network, one can now hike the connector trail from the top of Hidden Valley down through Taylor Canyon making a roughly 5 mile loop back to the 22nd Street Trailhead. With over 2,100ft of vertical gain in less than 2.5 miles, this hike is not recommended for young children or beginners. Although not technical, nor exposed, moderate to advanced hikers will love the inclines, views, and perceived solitude one can enjoy this close to town.
More information on Ogden hiking can be found at visitogden.com.
IMPROMPTU GOAL FOUNDATION INTERVIEW
Thanks to John & Kristin Wojciechowski from Striders, Brian and CT from the GOAL Foundation were ushered up to the 22nd Street Trailhead for an impromptu Tan Van interview. The GOAL foundation invites the public to participate in the GOAL Foundation Fitness Trail Ribbon Cutting on November 4th. Here's the event details: https://www.facebook.com/events/397240290474265/
Ogden's GOAL Foundation is hosting a night with Ralph William Allred and The Banyan Collective's next episode of Mr. Goodyear's Neighborhood - a podcast about a mountain town, run by mountain people. We'll be recording live, and you're all invited, as we dive deep into the mind of Ogden's most renowned ambassador:
Friday, October 30th at 4:30pm.
GOAL Foundation headquarters
2440 Washington Blvd.
Get there early, but no sooner than 4pm, to grab a seat, and a beverage compliments of Rooster's Brewing, and witness as we tackle topics like Star Wars, Mt. Everest, activism, the media and the best mountain town the west has to offer.
ON THE DOCKET
- Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Oct. 29-31 – Snowbasin Ski Swap at Legacy Events Center, Farmington
- Oct. 31 – Utah Snow and Avalanche Workshop 1-5pm, South Towne Expo
- Oct. 31 – The Front SLC Dead Point Comp
- Nov 4 – GOAL Foundation Fitness Trail Ribbon Cutting
- Nov. 2 – WSU Outdoor Program Bloomington Canyon, Idaho Yurt Rentals
- Nov. 7 – Nordic Valley Job Fair 9am-1pm
- Nov. 13 – Crown Royal Whiskey Dinner 6-9pm – Earl’s Lodge, Snowbasin
- Nov. 13 – 6th Annual Nearly Naked Mile (Friday the 13th) Clothes Donated to St. Anne’s Homeless Shelter in Ogden
- Nov. 3 – Top Rope Basics – The Front Ogden 7- 9pm.
- Nov. 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- Nov. 27 – Intro to Anchor Building Clininc – The Front Ogden 7-9pm
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- REI Closes on Black Friday
- Ski Utah – First Chair, Industry News
- Willard Mountain Goats on the Move - Literally
- Outdoor Athletes, Leaders Petition to Curb Utah Coal Emissions
- Forgotton Eagles Cave above 22nd Street
- Utah’s top 3 Fall Destinations, Hint ‘Ogden’
- Snowbird to use new Avy Tool
- Alta Lodge Celebrates 75 Years
- Deer Valley Ski Home Up for Auction
- Bighorn Sheep on the Road near Flaming Gorge
- Utah Warehouse Houses Tens of Thousands of Native American Artifacts
- A-Basin Opens
- Soldier Mountain Update
- Climbing – Use Your Age to Your Advantage
- Bridge Snaps, Hikers Tumble Into River
- Protein Enhanced Beer
- Yellowstone Drinking Tour
- New Belgium Makes Ben & Jerry’s Beer
- Hiker finds Viking Sword
- Walking Dead Binge Watching Probably Not a Good Idea
- Shark Ends Up in Alabama Front Yard
- AirDonkey Like AirBNB for Bikes
Worth Watching: Speedfly Willard Peak
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Eat, drink and be scary.” ~Author Unknown
Thank you to 22nd Street Trailhead for hosting today’s 217th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”