Continuing the trailhead series, this episode was recorded at the base of the Ben Lomond Trail in North Fork Park. We hiked over 11 miles to the saddle and back with Ogden Nature Center's Brandi Bosworth. Then in our post 5-hour hike recovery state we interviewed Brandi about her passion for the outdoors and how growing up on the North Ogden bench played a strong part of her appreciation for nature and open space.
Brandi keeps activities flowing through the Ogden Nature Center, and one of our favorite events, the Creatures of the Night is this coming weekend, Oct. 9th and 10th. Brandi elaborates on the event in this interview, as well as reminding us why the Nature Center is such a fun and vital organization for Ogden.
The Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show is now proudly sponsored by Young Subaru in Ogden. Young Automotive is celebrating 90 years in business!
This coming weekend, Young Subaru is holding their "123 Sale." With every vehicle purchase you'll receive 1-Year of gas. 2.99% Financing through America First and 3-months no Payment. Plus, tell them you heard about the sale on the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show and receive $575 off your purchase of a new vehicle!
We would like to personally thank Young Subaru for supporting local podcasting and adventure, through sponsoring the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show!
ON THE DOCKET
- Ongoing - Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Oct. 9 – 12th Annual Gear Sale & Swap
- Oct 9-10 Creatures of the Night at Ogden Nature Center
- Oct. 10 – Party Cross (Cyclocross with Beer)
- Oct. 17 – Black Diamond Ski Swap / Sale
- Oct. 17 – Frary Peak Hill Climb
- Oct. 22-25 – Wilderness First Aid Course $325 – Utah Wilderness Safety
- Oct. 23-25 – 2nd Tracks Ski Swap
- Oct. 29-31 – Snowbasin Ski Swap at Legacy Events Center, Farmington
- Oct. 31 – Utah Snow and Avalanche Workshop 1-5pm, South Towne Expo
- Nov. 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Winter Racing Circuit Registration is on – getoutandlive.org
- Art Stroll Offering Shuttle Bus Service
- Snowbird Oktoberfest Allegedly Gets Rowdy
- Jesse Vanderhoof Hospital Fund
- Zion Reevaluates Permit Process
- Utah Company Power Practical Luminoodle Kickstarter
- Arches National Park Ephemeral Pools Vandalism
- Cabins and Disk Golf Coming to Willard Bay
- Erik Roner Dies in Skydiving Accident
- Bodies Left on Everest Gallery
- Kuriki To Attempt Another Summit Push
- Krakauer Not an Everest Movie Fan
- Ski the Height of Everest in a Day
- Liquid Water Flows on Mars
- Yosemite National Park 125th Anniversary
- Legless lingerie Model Skateboards, Skis
- Woman Pepper Sprays Bear, Begs Bear Not to Mess with Kayak
SKILLS SESSION Climbing – 5 Gym to Crag Mistakes
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Triumph often is nearest when defeat seems inescapable.” – B.C. Forbes
Thank you to North Fork, Ben Lomond Trail for hosting today’s 213th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.