Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 214 - Slack'tober
It's Slack'tober, where we podcast from Slackwater in October...
We're proud to announce a new sponsor of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! A community favorite, and now a supporter of local podcasting, Young Subaru, has stepped up to help the OOA Podcast. Visit Young Subaru and let them know you appreciate their support for the outdoor community in Ogden. Name drop the OOA Show, or The Banyan Collective, and Young Subaru will give you $575 off a new car, or $10 off an oil change!
Sale This Coming Weekend
- The Young Subaru 123 Sale. With ever vehicle purchase you'll receive 1-Year of gas. 2.99% Financing through America First and 3-months no Payment.
- Going on Thursday - Monday October 8th-12th
Thank you, Young Automotive Group for your support!
Yes, the Weber Outdoor Program was the birthplace of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show which began as a radio program on Weber's radio station, KWCR. So, it's nice to get a guest on from the ol' stomping grounds from time to time.
Mike Henderson is the assistant coordinator at the OP, and he joined to chat about their annual gear sale & swap, ongoing FREE climbing adventures, upcoming winter trips, and more.
ON THE DOCKET
- Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Oct. 9 – 12th Annual Gear Sale & Swap
- Oct 9-10 Creatures of the Night at Ogden Nature Center
- Oct. 10 – WSU Mt. Ogden Hike Tradition
- Oct. 10 – Party Cross (Cyclocross with Beer)
- Oct. 14 – Outdoor Women’s Alliance (OWA) Night at The Front!
- Oct. 15 – 2nd Annual Ogden Spoketacular Halloween Ride (FREE)
- Oct. 17 – Transworld Snowboarding ORIGINS Ogden Premier at Copper Nickel 2450 Grant, Presented by Lucky Slice & Powder Mountain. 6pm. FREE.
- Oct. 17 – Black Diamond Ski Swap / Sale
- Oct. 17 – Ogden City Dog Park Volunteer Day 9am – Until Done
- Oct. 17 – Frary Peak Hill Climb
- Oct. 22-25 – Wilderness First Aid Course $325 – Utah Wilderness Safety
- Oct. 23-25 – 2nd Tracks Ski Swap
- Oct. 27 – FULL MOON SUP + Costumes + Floating Jack-o-lanterns
- Oct. 27,28,29 – Warren Miller’s Chasing Shadows 7:30pm, Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- Oct. 29-31 – Snowbasin Ski Swap at Legacy Events Center, Farmington
- Oct. 31 – Utah Snow and Avalanche Workshop 1-5pm, South Towne Expo
- Nov. 13 – 6th Annual Nearly Naked Mile (Friday the 13th) Clothes Donated to St. Anne’s Homeless Shelter in Ogden
- Nov. 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Snowbasin Learn & Earn Program is Back!
- Ogden Canyon Transportation Evaluation
- UDOT Ogden Canyon Phase 1 Study
- Wyoming Woman Dies From Bat Bite
- Appeals Court to Hear Alta’s Snowboarding Ban
- Kuriki Pushes for Everest Summit
- Jonny Strange Wingsuit Death
- National Junior Skier Dies from Head Injury
- Free Soloist Dies in the Flatirons
- FAA Proposes 1.9M Fine for Illegal Drone Flights
- Russia to Build Europe’s Highest Ski Lift
- Forest Service Bounty on Illegal Ski Runs
- Suspended Glass Walkway Above Canyon Cracks on Tourists
- Standup Paddleboard World Tour Cancels Events
- Man Survives Grizzly Attack by Shoving Arm Down Bear’s Throat
- Sleeping Hunter Awakes to Bear Mauling His Head
- California Governor Legalizes Beer Bikes
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed ... We simply need that wild country available to us, even if we never do more than drive to its edge and look in.” ― Wallace Stegner, The Sound of Mountain Water