Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 255 - Ride Local First
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 255 - Ride Local First, featuring an interview with the riders, videographers, and editors of the movie about snowboarding in Ogden. Also, #OnTheDocket, #SkillsSession, #QuoteoftheWeek and #OutdoorJukebox. Enjoy!
INTERVIEW – Tristan, Chase, Cody, and Bryden of Ride Local First: A Movie About Snowboarding in Ogden, Presented by Lucky Slice Pizza. World Premier is Oct. 14th, Peery’s Egyptian Theater. $5. You're going to want to snag your tickets in advance at Lucky Slice, Crossroads, Peery's, or Smithtix.com.
Check out the interview here:
ON THE DOCKET
- Oct 7-9 - The Ski Swap at 2nd Tracks SLC
- Oct 7 - #VanSessions
- Oct 8 - WSU & Ogden Trails Discovery Loop Trail Grand Opening Extravaganza!
- Oct 8 - Weber Basin Anglers River Cleanup and October Chapter Meeting, 21st Street, 10am
- Oct 14 - Ride Local First World Premier, Peery’s Egyptian Theater 8pm, $5
- Oct 14 - 13th Annual Outdoor Gear Sale and Swap at Weber State
- Oct 14-16 - Weber Outdoor Program City of Rocks Climbing Trip
- Oct 15 - Nordic Valley Job Fair 10am-1pm
- Oct 15 - Weber Outdoor Program Summit Series - Ben Lomond
- Oct 21-22 - Ogden Valley Winterfest
- Oct 22 - Ogden Nature Center Birds & Brews $10/$12 Oktoberfest with a twist
- Oct 25-27 - Warren Miller’s “Here, There & Everywhere” at Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- Oct 27-29 - Snowbasin Ski Sale & Swap
- Oct 29 - Deadpoint Climbing Comp, The Front SLC
- Nov 5 - SLC Shred Fest: Ski & Snowboard Festival
WORTH WATCHING / Listening
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” - Einstein
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 255th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Ryan Sharp, a poet and a hell of a good guy, read some old and new poetry for us at LITerally.