Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 232 - Snowbasin St. Patty's
ON THE DOCKET
- March 18 – Ogden Bike Collective Group Ride – Celebrating Love, Give Utah
- March 18 – 4th Annual Wasatch Showdown at Powder Mountain – Proceeds support the Wildland Fire Fighter Foundation
- March 19 – Antelope Island Buffalo Run
- March 20 - #MindfulMarch Yoga Fundraiser – Love Your Brain Foundation
- March 24 – 7th Annual Intermountain Sustainability Summit
- March 31 – Wasatch Mountain Film Festival
- March 31 – Breakfast with GOAL – Love Utah Give Utah
- April 2 – Striders Winter Race Circuit ½ Marathon
- April 8-9 – Ogden Climbing Festival
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
- April 23 – Striders Winter Race Circuit 30K
- May 11-13 – 2016 Great Salt Lake Issues Forum
- May 21 – Ogden Marathon
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
IN THE NEWS
- Athletes attempt first ever winter crossing of Hardrock Course
- Climber Dies from Fall on Moonlight Buttress, Zion
- The Best “First Job” in the Outdoor Industry
- Climb-A-Sutra Book
- Mountain Collective Adds New Zealand Resort
- Jumbo Wild now on Netflix
- Coors Brewing gets nailed for encouraging unsafe Out of Bounds Skiing
- 2016 Wasatch Mountain Films Lineup
Last summer, three Black Diamond athletes, Dan Mirsky, Sam Elias and Joe Kinder, committed to a program that would test their limits physically, mentally and emotionally. They spent three months living and training together with the singular focus to improve their climbing. Watch the video to see their story. #bdbootcamp #liveclimbrepeat Video: Louder Than 11Posted by Black Diamond on Tuesday, March 15, 2016
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but thereally great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX –
As John Muir would say, "The mountains are calling and we must go..."
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.