Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 251 - Red Spawn
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 251 - Red Spawn, The Circle of Life
Each early Fall, Kokanee Salmon from fresh water Causey Reservoir work their way upstream to spawn. For those who paddle across the lake or take the hiking route to the spawning grounds can easily witness one of Natures incredible annual cycles.
ON THE DOCKET
- Sept. 8 - Cruise and Brews - SLC Front
- Sept. 9 - Wasatch 100 Mile Ultra Run
- Sept. 9 - Ogden Nature Center Wildwoods Bash (Sold Out)
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- Sept 9-11 – REI Outessa Summit: Powder Mountain
- Sept 10 - Intro to Trad Climbing with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- Sept 13 - Uli Steck Tour - Capital Theater
- Sept 15 - Gravity Never Rests - An Evening with Conrad Anker at Petzl America
- Sept 16 - Take it Easy Tubing Ogden River Clean Up 1-5pm
- Sept 17 - Sport Lead Climbing with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- Sept 17 - Weber Outdoor Program Summit Series - Lewis Peak
- Sept 20 - Reel Rock 11 Film Tour - Wagner Theater
- Sept 24 - Self Rescue Skills with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- Sept 24 - Red Bull 400 Park City - 400m Race up K120 Ski Jump at Utah Olympic Park
- Sept 30 - AMGA SPI Course with Bear House Mountain Guiding
- Oct 1 - Party Cross at Miles Goodyear Sports Complex, Fundraiser for Ogden Bicycle Collective
- Oct 1 - Weber Outdoor Program Summit Series - Mt. Ogden
- Oct 3 - WSU Mount Ogden Hike Tradition
- Oct 14 - 13th Annual Outdoor Gear Sale and Swap at Weber State
- Oct 14-16 - Weber Outdoor Program City of Rocks Climbing Trip
- Oct 15 - Weber Outdoor Program Summit Series - Ben Lomond
- Oct 21-22 - Ogden Valley Winterfest
- Oct 27-29 - Snowbasin Ski Sale & Swap
- Nov 5 - SLC Shred Fest: Ski & Snowboard Festival
IN THE NEWS
TRIP REPORT - September Causey SUP
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"We know that in September, we will wander through the warm winds of summer's wreckage. We will welcome summer's ghost." - Heny Rollins
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 244th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.