Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 261 - Meadows Fimbulvetr
Fimbulvetr snowshoes get tested along with snow conditions in the Meadows below Snowbasin, Derek DeBruin of Bear House Mountain Guiding schools us on orographic lift, avalanche safety, and Alex Honnold sponsors, we cover adventure news, events, Worth Watching, a suspect Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more on Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 261 - Meadows Fimbulvetr. Enjoy!
WEEKLY HAPPY - Skiers on Snowboarders in 1985
ON THE DOCKET
- Dec 16 - Know Before You Go at GEAR:30, sponsored by Snowbasin, 6pm
- Dec 16-18 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Dec 17 - UTA Bus Service to Snowbasin from Ogden & Layton Begins
- Dec 24 - Snowbasin Children’s Christmas Eve Celebration
- Dec 31 - Nordic Valley Frosty Fat Bike Series
- Jan 13 - POW (Protect Our Winters) Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 13 - Uinta Beer Dinner - Dining Discover at Snowbasin
- Jan 13 - Indie Ogen Awards
- Jan 14 - Grom Fest at Powder Mountain
- Jan 14-16 - Bear House Mountain Guiding AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 19-22 - 2017 Ouray Ice Festival
- Jan 21 - WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 27-29 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Feb 3-5;17-19 - Exum Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Clinics, Tetons
- Feb 4 - Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- Feb 24 - Weber Pathways Presents an Evening with Dan Flores (Author Dinner, Fundraiser)
IN THE NEWS
- 22 Human Triggered Avalanches in Past 8-Days in Colorado
- Zion 2017 Artist-In-Residence Selections
- Snowboarder Rescued Hanging Upside Down From Chairlift
- Evidence Left in Snow Key to Cracking Bison Case in Grand Teton National Park
- Trump’s Interior Pick Last Hope for Public Lands
- SUP Surfing on the Slopes
- Ski Shaper Loses 400-Year-Old Shop and Tools in Fire
WORTH WATCHING / VIEWING
DISCOVER GEAR - Fimbulvetr Snowshoe Review
TRIP REPORT - Meadows Snowshoe
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“He does good to himself who does good to his friend.” - Erasmus
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.