Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 239 - Bomb Squad & Waterfalls
INTERVIEW – NEIL AMONSON: GoPro BombSquad Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Wingsuiter, Paraglider, and Speedflyer, Jump for Joy Non-Profit
ON THE DOCKET
Friday’s, April 15-June 10 - Free Ogden Weekly Rock Climbing Night 6-8:30, 9th Street Cra
- May 27 – Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- May 28 – Wasatch 360 – A 6 Hour MTB Race – Heber City
- May 28-30 – AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course – Derek DeBruin
- June 2 – Ogden Twilight – Washed Out
- June 3 – Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- June 6-9 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO.
- June 7 – Weber Outdoor Program Intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 8 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 9 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series – Barefoot Movement
- June 9 – Salt Lake Climbers Alliance Fundraiser Party
- June 9 – Ogden Twilight – Crystal Castles
- June 10 – Snowbasin Summer Kick Off Soiree
- June 10 Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- June 11 – Snowbasin Summer Opening Day!
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival - #VanSessions
- June 11 – SLC Bike Collective Presents Bike Prom
- June 11 - Intro to SUP - Weber Outdoor Program
- June 12 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews, & BBQ – Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 15 – She Shreds Co Presents Ladies Night at Flowrider
- June 15 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 16 – Ogden Twilight – Wild Belle
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 19 – Snowbasin Father’s Day BBQ Buffet
- June 19 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews, & BBQ – MarchFourth!
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- June 22 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 23 – Ogden Twilight - Neon Indian
- June 24-26 – Weber Outdoor Program Wild Iris Rock Climbing Trip
- June 24 – Weber Outdoor Program Weber River Inflatable Kayaking 11-5pm
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- June 26 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews & BBQ – Band of Heathens
- June 29th – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 30 – Ogden Twilight – Peter Bjorn & John
- July 1 – Symphony Under the Stars at Snowbasin
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 9-10 - Kings Peak Backpacking Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – 23rd Annual Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride
- July 15-17 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 29-31 – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Backpacking Trip
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- July 30 – 4th Annual Antelope Island Spider Fest
- August 5-7 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- August 11 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series - Kristin Andreassen and Friends
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
IN THE NEWS
- Utah man first to summit Everest with 2 knee replacements
- Slackline Industries Competition Countdown
- Vail Resorts want to trademark the name “Park City”
- Fraternity Destroys Popular Beach While Camping
- The Wright Stuff: A Question of Risk
- The Climbing Catalyst – How an international donor has given the sport of rock climbing in Lebanon a chance to prove itself as a tool for community development
- What Muir Really Meant by, “The Mountains Are Calling”
- The Race of His Life – Bart Yasso Runner’s World Article
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Love teaches even asses to dance.” ― French Proverb
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 239th episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean APP for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
OOA Show 332 with thru-hiker Bryden Bowley before he sets out on the CDT Trail. Also, adventure news, events, Worth Watching, Weekly Happy, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox!
Ep. 331 - Twilight. Adventure news, events, gear, and a Yellowstone trip report.
OOA Show 330 - It Can’t Rain All The Time with guest Joe Farley of Transcend Gear and the best crag pack made, the Crag Crusher.
Interview with Ogden premium glove maker company owner, Leathers. Adventure News, Events, and more!
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This year we decided to sip beers at The Angry Goat and chat with one of the owners and manager Beau Bradbury along with Molly from the Lighthouse Lounge and Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden to chat all things Ogden Restaurant Week!
Includes an interview with Caren Warner of Outdoor Weber. Plus adventure news, #onthedocket, something worth watching, gear, My Lands, Outdoor Jukebox and more! Enjoy
Events, latest Ndventure News, Weekly Happy, two Worth Watching’s, and more on the latest OOA Show Ep. 326 - Kungsleden
We announce the return of the Bug Hucker’s podcast with new Host, Cole Larsen.
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Michelle Moonshine 4-song set on Van Sessions.
Van Sessions at The Monarch Building featuring Dave Garofalo, formally of SafetySuit, with a four song set of new music.
The best local professor-attorney band in Ogden, The Snarlin’ Yarns with an 8-song set on Van Sessions live at The Monarch.
Van Sessions at The Monarch with Battle of the Bands winners, Farr Gone. Recorded LIVE inside TanVan, inside The Monarch Building which is located in the heart of Ogden’s Nine Rails Arts District.
LIVE from The Monarch Building in Ogden, Utah, Carrie Myers with The Proper Way debut songs off their album Ain’t No Good Thing Ever Dies.
Wasatch Wildgrass 3-song set, LIVE from the Ogden Music Festival.
September 2018 Van Sessions kicked off with a bang and included a rocking set from Nothin’ Special! High energy entertainment in a van during Ogden’s First Friday Art Stroll.
Michael Furry - Utah State Flatpick Champion as recorded in a van down by the river backstage at the Ogden Music Festival
Recorded LIVE in a van at the Garden beside the Monarch Building in Ogden Utah in conjunction with Ogden City Arts, First Friday Art Stroll, and arts nonprofit, Ogden First, this is Van Sessions with Ogden local and Nashville recording artist, Sammy Brue, with KJ Ward.
This is what it sounds like when you get 6 musicians in a van backstage at the Ogden Music Festival presented by Ogden Friends of Acoustic Music. Sugar and the Mint were phenomenal!
Branson Anderson rounds out Season 4 of Van Sessions with a phenomenal 4-song set!
2 members of The Hollering Pines joined us for a mini-Van Sessions set recorded LIVE backstage at OFOAM.
An eclectic 4-song set by solo artist Lysergic Ashes in a van down by the railroad tracks during Ogden Utah's First Friday Art Stroll.
A phenomenal 4-song acoustic set in a van by a Jill Johnson, a melancholy singer who will leave you with a smile and a warmed heart.
Busting onto the Ogden scene, Giants in the Oak Tree, crushed their 4-song Van Sessions set. Busting out the doors with the drums, this episode sounds amazing for shoving a full band in a tight space. This one is a must listen!
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.