Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 239 - Bomb Squad & Waterfalls
INTERVIEW – NEIL AMONSON: GoPro BombSquad Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Wingsuiter, Paraglider, and Speedflyer, Jump for Joy Non-Profit
ON THE DOCKET
Friday’s, April 15-June 10 - Free Ogden Weekly Rock Climbing Night 6-8:30, 9th Street Cra
- May 27 – Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- May 28 – Wasatch 360 – A 6 Hour MTB Race – Heber City
- May 28-30 – AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course – Derek DeBruin
- June 2 – Ogden Twilight – Washed Out
- June 3 – Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- June 6-9 – GoPro Mountain Games – Vail, CO.
- June 7 – Weber Outdoor Program Intro to Stand Up Paddleboarding
- June 6-8 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp One 3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 8 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 9 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series – Barefoot Movement
- June 9 – Salt Lake Climbers Alliance Fundraiser Party
- June 9 – Ogden Twilight – Crystal Castles
- June 10 – Snowbasin Summer Kick Off Soiree
- June 10 Free Ogden Weekly Climbing Night – WSU Outdoor Program
- June 11 – Snowbasin Summer Opening Day!
- June 11-12 – Ogden Arts Festival - #VanSessions
- June 11 – SLC Bike Collective Presents Bike Prom
- June 11 - Intro to SUP - Weber Outdoor Program
- June 12 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews, & BBQ – Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe
- June 13-15 – GOAL Foundation Beginner Mountain Bike Camp Two3rd Grade – 8th Grade
- June 15 – She Shreds Co Presents Ladies Night at Flowrider
- June 15 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 16 – Ogden Twilight – Wild Belle
- June 18 – 2nd Annual Wee Beer Festival at Golden Spike Event Center
- June 19 – Summer Solstice Yoga Hike & 108 Sun Salutations – Live Natural
- June 19 – Snowbasin Father’s Day BBQ Buffet
- June 19 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews, & BBQ – MarchFourth!
- June 20-22 – GOAL Foundation Intermediate Mountain Bike Camp 5th Grade – 9th Grade
- June 22 – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 23 – Ogden Twilight - Neon Indian
- June 24-26 – Weber Outdoor Program Wild Iris Rock Climbing Trip
- June 24 – Weber Outdoor Program Weber River Inflatable Kayaking 11-5pm
- June 25 – Slip & Soar, World’s Steepest Slip & Slide Party - Utah Olympic Park
- June 26 – Snowbasin Blues, Brews & BBQ – Band of Heathens
- June 29th – Snowbasin Midweek Race Series
- June 30 – Ogden Twilight – Peter Bjorn & John
- July 1 – Symphony Under the Stars at Snowbasin
- July 8-9 – Wildflower Trailfest
- July 9-10 - Kings Peak Backpacking Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – 23rd Annual Antelope by Moonlight Bike Ride
- July 15-17 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- July 15 – Antelope Island by Moonlight – Bike Ride
- July 29-31 – Weber Outdoor Program Kings Peak Backpacking Trip
- July 30 – Morgan Valley Marathon
- July 30 – 4th Annual Antelope Island Spider Fest
- August 5-7 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- August 11 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series - Kristin Andreassen and Friends
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
IN THE NEWS
- Utah man first to summit Everest with 2 knee replacements
- Slackline Industries Competition Countdown
- Vail Resorts want to trademark the name “Park City”
- Fraternity Destroys Popular Beach While Camping
- The Wright Stuff: A Question of Risk
- The Climbing Catalyst – How an international donor has given the sport of rock climbing in Lebanon a chance to prove itself as a tool for community development
- What Muir Really Meant by, “The Mountains Are Calling”
- The Race of His Life – Bart Yasso Runner’s World Article
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Love teaches even asses to dance.” ― French Proverb
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 239th episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean APP for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.