Hope everyone had a stellar Christmas break with friends and family. As we all know, it's been dumping in Utah, and this Winter has been a dream for resorts, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, skate-skiing, and, well, I even saw a pic circulating Facebook of a dogsled team mushing through downtown Ogden - love it!
Here's our first Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show of 2017. I would like to personally thank everyone who listens. We do this for fun and because we love it. Our hope is that we can give you some additional information and inspiration to get out and adventure in and around Ogden.
If you have events, news, adventure stories, or would like to be a guest on the show, please tweet us @ogdenadventure, or email me: email@example.com.
Enjoy the show, and we're stoked to bring you the OOA Show for another year. Cheers!
Avalanche Conditions 1.7 Moderate - https://utahavalanchecenter.org/
ON THE DOCKET
- Wednesday Nights: Powder Mountain Ladies Night powered by SheShreds.co $15
- Jan 5 - Ladies SkiMo Night at Brighton Resort 6:30-8pm
- Jan 6 - Ogden First Friday Art Stroll
- Jan 7 - Avalanche Awareness Class at Powder Mountain’s Powder Keg 1:30-3pm
- Jan 10 - Backcountry Film Festival - Outdoor Retailer Screening, Brewvies, 7-10pm $12
- Jan 13 - POW (Protect Our Winters) Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 13 - Uinta Beer Dinner - Dining Discover at Snowbasin
- Jan 13 - Indie Ogen Awards
- Jan 14 - Grom Fest at Powder Mountain
- Jan 14 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Lewis Peak Trail
- Jan 14-16 - Bear House Mountain Guiding AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 19-22 - 2017 Ouray Ice Festival
- Jan 20-21 - Hof German Winter Festival
- Jan 21 - Winter Trails Day at Ogden Nordic / North Fork Park, 9am-1pm
- Jan 21 - WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 27-29 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 27 - Lady Wild Film Fest, Ogden High School - 5:30-9pm
- Feb 3-5;17-19 - Exum Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Clinics, Tetons
- Feb 3 - Yeti Bash Community Bike Ride, 5-6pm
- Feb 4 - Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- Feb 4 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Indian Trail
- Feb 24 - Weber Pathways Presents an Evening with Dan Flores (Author Dinner, Fundraiser)
- March 11 - Spring Stampede at Powder Mountain - Free boarder/skier cross race
- March 18 - Wasatch Showdown - Annual Firefighters Fundraiser at Powder Mountain
- March 18 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Ben Lomond Shoulder
- March 21-26 - Salomon Ultra Running Academy - running, training, workshops, Moab
SKILLS SESSION - A Beginner’s Guide to Snowshoeing in Northern Utah
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Believe me, you never want to experience that feeling of regret when you don’t acknowledge that life is fleeting and precious. I never want to feel that again! It may be cliche but life is sweet. Everyday you don’t follow your dream you lose another precious day. Don’t let it slip away. LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION
- Pat Parkinson
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 263th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”