Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 263 - Epic Dump
Hope everyone had a stellar Christmas break with friends and family. As we all know, it's been dumping in Utah, and this Winter has been a dream for resorts, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing, skate-skiing, and, well, I even saw a pic circulating Facebook of a dogsled team mushing through downtown Ogden - love it!
Here's our first Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show of 2017. I would like to personally thank everyone who listens. We do this for fun and because we love it. Our hope is that we can give you some additional information and inspiration to get out and adventure in and around Ogden.
If you have events, news, adventure stories, or would like to be a guest on the show, please tweet us @ogdenadventure, or email me: email@example.com.
Enjoy the show, and we're stoked to bring you the OOA Show for another year. Cheers!
Avalanche Conditions 1.7 Moderate - https://utahavalanchecenter.org/
ON THE DOCKET
- Wednesday Nights: Powder Mountain Ladies Night powered by SheShreds.co $15
- Jan 5 - Ladies SkiMo Night at Brighton Resort 6:30-8pm
- Jan 6 - Ogden First Friday Art Stroll
- Jan 7 - Avalanche Awareness Class at Powder Mountain’s Powder Keg 1:30-3pm
- Jan 10 - Backcountry Film Festival - Outdoor Retailer Screening, Brewvies, 7-10pm $12
- Jan 13 - POW (Protect Our Winters) Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 13 - Uinta Beer Dinner - Dining Discover at Snowbasin
- Jan 13 - Indie Ogen Awards
- Jan 14 - Grom Fest at Powder Mountain
- Jan 14 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Lewis Peak Trail
- Jan 14-16 - Bear House Mountain Guiding AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 19-22 - 2017 Ouray Ice Festival
- Jan 20-21 - Hof German Winter Festival
- Jan 21 - Winter Trails Day at Ogden Nordic / North Fork Park, 9am-1pm
- Jan 21 - WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan 27-29 - Weber Outdoor Program AIARE 1 Course
- Jan 27 - Lady Wild Film Fest, Ogden High School - 5:30-9pm
- Feb 3-5;17-19 - Exum Mountain Guides Ski Mountaineering Clinics, Tetons
- Feb 3 - Yeti Bash Community Bike Ride, 5-6pm
- Feb 4 - Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race, Wolf Creek Resort
- Feb 4 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Indian Trail
- Feb 24 - Weber Pathways Presents an Evening with Dan Flores (Author Dinner, Fundraiser)
- March 11 - Spring Stampede at Powder Mountain - Free boarder/skier cross race
- March 18 - Wasatch Showdown - Annual Firefighters Fundraiser at Powder Mountain
- March 18 - Weber Outdoor Program Winter Trail Series: Ben Lomond Shoulder
- March 21-26 - Salomon Ultra Running Academy - running, training, workshops, Moab
SKILLS SESSION - A Beginner’s Guide to Snowshoeing in Northern Utah
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Believe me, you never want to experience that feeling of regret when you don’t acknowledge that life is fleeting and precious. I never want to feel that again! It may be cliche but life is sweet. Everyday you don’t follow your dream you lose another precious day. Don’t let it slip away. LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH PASSION
- Pat Parkinson
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 263th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.
Busting onto the Ogden scene, Giants in the Oak Tree, crushed their 4-song Van Sessions set. Busting out the doors with the drums, this episode sounds amazing for shoving a full band in a tight space. This one is a must listen!
From rocking a piano bar to playing 88 keys in a van down by the railroad tracks, Kendrick Zane along with guitarist Tom Hopkins performed 4 original songs in this Billy Joel inspired set.
Nicholas Garn otherwise known as The Reverend & The Revelry performed an amazing 4-song set for #VanSessions.
#VanSessions Season 4 featuring a 4-song set with the sultry sweet soul of Cherry Thomas.