Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 220 - Wheeler Creek
The first in our winter Trailhead Series podcasts, Wheeler Creek proved beautiful and adorned with all the snow and frozen streams one would expect of a winter hike. Events, News, Commentary, and more on Episode 220, Wheeler Creek, so kick back with your fave Stout and enjoy!
TRIP REPORT - Wheeler Creek to Icebox Canyon - On the Podcast
ON THE DOCKET
- Dec. 4-5 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Apré Ski Free Live Music – The Weekenders
- Dec. 4 – 16th Annual Powder Awards
- Dec. 5 - Ogden Striders Hoka One One Demo with Speedgoat 50 Karl Meltzer
- Dec. 5 – Ogden Nature Center Holiday Open House
- Dec. 5 – Global Fat Bike Day Ogden
- Dec. 11-12 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Apré Ski Free Live Music – Hellbound Glory
- Dec. 12 – 2015 Elk Festival at Hardware Ranch
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Ski Season is Now – Changes for Kids’ Lessons
- Deadline for Registering Kids for Ogden Ski Team Approaches
- Utah’s War on Coyotes Claim Another Wolf
- Weber State offers PE 1810 – Backcountry Touring!
- 7 Peaks Opens for Winter – North Pole at 7 Peaks
- Glide SUP’s New Video Series Will it Break Wednesday
- Woods Cross Lawmaker Wants Official Utah Hashtag
- Brian Head Offers New Lift & 2 Tubing Hills
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Awarded World’s Best Ski Hotel
- Brighton Offers $20 Quad Wednesday’s
- Professional Climbers Attacked by Grizzly Bear
- Man Rescued After Jumping Into Polar Bear Pit at Zoo
- New Beer Mile World Champion
- Leonardo DiCaprio was NOT raped by a Bear
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” – John Wayne
Thank you to Wheeler Creek Trailhead for hosting today’s 220th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU YOUNG SUBARU !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.