Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 247 - Summer Outdoor Retailer Recap
It happens twice a year. The Outdoor Retailer Show takes over our lives as we wonder in awe through thousands of square footage of new and improved outdoor gear. We compiled our Fave 5 memories or impressions from this Summer's OR Show and it's awesome.
OUTDOOR RETAILER RECAP - Fave 5 2016 Summer OR Memories
- Tonga Thong on the Paddleboard - Can’t un-see Tonga Thong
- Goal Zero’s new Yeti 400 & 1400
- I Got My Creamy Pulled - Maple Vanilla Ice Cream with Bacon Sprinkles
- Odd New Gear: Merfins, Kanulock - lockable tie-down straps, Glide Sup FitFloat
- Rush Sturges Interview
- Parking is better in SLC than Ogden
- Importance of Media
- SUP industry could have own show
- Young Entrepreneurs - Make Good Stuff
- Outdoor Industry likes good beer
ON THE DOCKET
- August 11 – Ogden Nature Center Summer Concert Series - Kristin Andreassen and Friends
- August 13 - H30 Race - SUP, Swim, Kayak at Bear Lake
- August 13 - Utah Spartan Race Super, Nordic Valley
- August 16 - SCOTT Twilight Ride Series at Deer Valley
- August 19 - Weber Pathways Trail Mixer - Earls Lodge, Snowbasin
- August 20 – Skyline Mountain Marathon and 1/2
- August 23 - SCOTT Twilight Ride Series at Deer Valley
- August 25 - Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 250 Party at the Ogden Nature Center
- August 26 - Ogden Pub Runners Presents Beer Runners’ Beer Fest
- August 27 – Salomon Mid Mountain Marathon, Park City
- August 27-28 – SLC Climbing Festival
- Sept. 9-10 Ragnar Trail Tetons, WY – Grand Targhee Ski Resort
- Sept 9-11 - Snake River Rafting Trip - Weber Outdoor Program
- Sept 9-11 – REI Outessa Summit: Powder Mountain
- Sept 13 - Uli Steck Tour - Capital Theater
- Sept 24 - Mountain 2 Metro 8 Mile Urban Trail Run
- Sept 24 - Red Bull 400 Park City - 400m Race up K120 Ski Jump at Utah Olympic Park
- Oct 27-29 - Snowbasin Ski Sale & Swap
- Nov 5 - SLC Shred Fest: Ski & Snowboard Festival
IN THE NEWS
- New Trump Tower Route
- Kilian Jornet Attempting Everest FKT
- Miranda Oakley Solo’s the Nose in 21:50
- Olympic Kayaker Capsized by Underwater Sofa
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Winning isn't about finishing in first place. It isn't about beating the others. It is about overcoming yourself. Overcoming your body, your limitations, and your fears. Winning means surpassing yourself and turning your dreams into reality.” ― Kilian Jornet
Thank you to GOAL ZERO for powering today’s 247th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.