It was a pleasure having badass blogger, community activist, and Mom, Mikaela Platter, back on the podcast. We boasted about how her appearance on the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show nearly 5 years ago was the catalyst to all her Indie Ogden Utah success - we're pretty sure anyway, it probably had nothing to do with years of hard work, persistence, late nights, and loads and loads of coffee.
Indie Ogden Utah has become a welcome resource for the Ogden community and with this year's Indie Ogden Awards right around the corner, the time to vote for your fave biz, artist, non-profit, etc., is now. Help those you support get recognized. Here's the voting link: http://awards.indieogdenutah.com/vote/
As if Indie Ogden wasn't enough to keep Mikaela busy, she's now the publisher of The Ogden Source, "...dedicated to presenting Ogden residents with the information they need to not just live in Ogden but to enjoy Ogden." The second issue of The Ogden Source is now in mailboxes and local establishments around town. Check it out!
Congrats on your success, Mikaela!
Caused based apparel company, AndShesDopeToo, first appeared on the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show on our LIVE 200th Episode from the GOAL Foundation. This time, before they sat down with us at Slackwater, Taylor, Jennifer, and ambassadors made an appearance on ABC 4's Good Things Utah. It's safe to say this local brand is garnering some major attention. Currently, ASDT is running a Kickstarter campaign to better fund demand.
A strength of Taylor and Jennifer is gathering people in local outdoor meet-ups. This morning, they teamed with Ogden Trails Network for what will now be a monthly trail clean-up event. Follow ASDT on their wildly popular Instagram Page, and visit their online store/beta blog to shop clothing items and learn more about their meet-ups.
ON THE DOCKET
- Nov. 2 – WSU Outdoor Program Bloomington Canyon, Idaho Yurt Rentals
- Nov. 7 – Nordic Valley Job Fair 9am-1pm
- Nov. 13 – Crown Royal Whiskey Dinner 6-9pm – Earl’s Lodge, Snowbasin
- Nov. 13 – 6th Annual Nearly Naked Mile (Friday the 13th) Clothes Donated to St. Anne’s Homeless Shelter in Ogden
- Nov. 3 – Top Rope Basics – The Front Ogden 7- 9pm. 9o99999pm jdkdkdjakdji9999999n
- Nov. 14 – Antelope Island 50K
- Nov. 27 – Intro to Anchor Building Clininc – The Front Ogden 7-9pm
- Nov. 28 – Ogden Santa Run
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Utah Stream Coalition Act Wins!
- Utah’s Streams Must Remain Accessible
- Snowbasin Fires Up Snowmaking Equipment
- Powder Mountain Has Drones
- Utah Company Buys Mt. Washington Ski Resort
- Banff Ski Season is Now!
- Bode Miller Switches to Hipster Skis
- Submit Your New Product to Outdoor Retailer
- Polaroid Sues GoPro
- Man Builds Special Kayak for his Dogs
- The Rebottle – Take That Matt Bellassai
- Apré Tailgating Like a Boss
- Utah Leads a List of USA Today’s Ski Country’s Best Craft Beer Destinations
- Oskar Blues Opens Bike Park
- Death Valley Destroyed by Rain
Thank you to Slackwater for hosting today’s 218th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU YOUNG SUBARU !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share the Love - Tag your Grams & Tweets with #OgdenAdventure