INTERVIEW - TYSON WALKER, YOUNG SUBARU
Supporting local is of utmost priority for Young Subaru in Ogden, Utah. Currently, Young's Share the Love event is donating $250 for each new car sold through January 2nd to a charity of your choice including Ogden Trails Network.
The 4th Annual Young Subaru Pet Adoption event is Saturday, Dec. 19th! Young covers all the "fixin's" per say, and has helped adopt out over 260 animals over the past three year's with this year's goal to adopt out 100 animals. Yes, a puppy with a new car! Bring the kids, because that jolly fellow in red will also make an appearance.
INTERVIEW - JOSH STUART & PARKER LICHFIELD, OGDEN MADE
Home grown in Ogden, Utah, this startup company is more than beautiful utilitarian goods, Ogden Made is creating jobs and products in an effort to help shape the future of Ogden.
Our favorite new Ogden Made product is the Two Bit Klettersack. Check out this versatile pack along with the rest of their collection in the Newgate Mall kiosk. Giving a gift made locally is the best way to support Ogden commerce and entrepreneurship this giving season.
Purchases can also be made online at ogdenmade.com. And, be sure to check out Ogden Made on Instagram where Parker beautifully captures the essence of living in Ogden. Use the hashtag #ogdenmade to help spread the love.
ON THE DOCKET
- Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Dec. 10-12 Holiday’s are a Drag (Show), Good Company Theater
- Dec. 11-12 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Apré Ski Free Live Music – Hellbound Glory
- Dec. 11 – The Good News About Energy, the Environment and our Future – Lecture at the Browning Theater
- Dec. 12 – 2015 Elk Festival at Hardware Ranch
- Dec. 13 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – Pinetop Inferno
- Dec. 18 – Snowbasin 75th Anniversary Gala
- Dec. 19 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – Tony Holiday and the Velvetones
- Dec. 20 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – The Johnny Utahs
- Dec. 24 – Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- Jan. 6 – Weber Outdoor Program Dawn Patrol – Open to Public
- Jan 8-10 AIARE Avalanche 1 Course – Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain
- Jan. 9 – WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan. 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 19, 26, March 18, 25 – Weber Outdoor Program Dusk Patrol from the Snowbasin Moose
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- OOA Featured in The Ogden Source
- Nordic Valley Opening!
- Waterfall Canyon to Become Utah Adventure Centers Private Park
- 12 Days of Yeti Bling – Roosters and iFLY
- uberSKI: From the City to the Slopes
- Ride Bikes, Snow Skates, and Kids 10 & Under FREE at Brighton
- Storms a Brewin’
- $14 Million Dollar Land Transfer Lawsuit in Utah
- Mavic to Paint the Tour of Utah Yellow
- Man Dies After Falling Off Cliff at Dead Horse Point
- Injuries Take Out Two Big Names at Dew Tour
- National Park Service Hiring Next Ansel Adams
- Swiss Ski Resort Employee Dies After Hitting Snowmaker
- 5 of the Hardest Outdoor Feats in Adventure
- Arc’teryx Goes Hard
- Vasque Fall ’16 Winter Boots
- Osprey to Offer Women Specific Backcountry Ski/Snowboard Packs
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Does’t thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
Thank you to Young Subaru for hosting today’s 221st Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”