Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 221 - Think Young
INTERVIEW - TYSON WALKER, YOUNG SUBARU
Supporting local is of utmost priority for Young Subaru in Ogden, Utah. Currently, Young's Share the Love event is donating $250 for each new car sold through January 2nd to a charity of your choice including Ogden Trails Network.
The 4th Annual Young Subaru Pet Adoption event is Saturday, Dec. 19th! Young covers all the "fixin's" per say, and has helped adopt out over 260 animals over the past three year's with this year's goal to adopt out 100 animals. Yes, a puppy with a new car! Bring the kids, because that jolly fellow in red will also make an appearance.
INTERVIEW - JOSH STUART & PARKER LICHFIELD, OGDEN MADE
Home grown in Ogden, Utah, this startup company is more than beautiful utilitarian goods, Ogden Made is creating jobs and products in an effort to help shape the future of Ogden.
Our favorite new Ogden Made product is the Two Bit Klettersack. Check out this versatile pack along with the rest of their collection in the Newgate Mall kiosk. Giving a gift made locally is the best way to support Ogden commerce and entrepreneurship this giving season.
Purchases can also be made online at ogdenmade.com. And, be sure to check out Ogden Made on Instagram where Parker beautifully captures the essence of living in Ogden. Use the hashtag #ogdenmade to help spread the love.
ON THE DOCKET
- Weber County Outdoors Meetup
- Dec. 10-12 Holiday’s are a Drag (Show), Good Company Theater
- Dec. 11-12 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Apré Ski Free Live Music – Hellbound Glory
- Dec. 11 – The Good News About Energy, the Environment and our Future – Lecture at the Browning Theater
- Dec. 12 – 2015 Elk Festival at Hardware Ranch
- Dec. 13 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – Pinetop Inferno
- Dec. 18 – Snowbasin 75th Anniversary Gala
- Dec. 19 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – Tony Holiday and the Velvetones
- Dec. 20 – Snowbasin Cinnabar Aprés Ski – The Johnny Utahs
- Dec. 24 – Snowbasin Christmas Eve Celebration
- Jan. 6 – Weber Outdoor Program Dawn Patrol – Open to Public
- Jan 8-10 AIARE Avalanche 1 Course – Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain
- Jan. 9 – WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan. 15, 22, 29, Feb. 5, 19, 26, March 18, 25 – Weber Outdoor Program Dusk Patrol from the Snowbasin Moose
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- OOA Featured in The Ogden Source
- Nordic Valley Opening!
- Waterfall Canyon to Become Utah Adventure Centers Private Park
- 12 Days of Yeti Bling – Roosters and iFLY
- uberSKI: From the City to the Slopes
- Ride Bikes, Snow Skates, and Kids 10 & Under FREE at Brighton
- Storms a Brewin’
- $14 Million Dollar Land Transfer Lawsuit in Utah
- Mavic to Paint the Tour of Utah Yellow
- Man Dies After Falling Off Cliff at Dead Horse Point
- Injuries Take Out Two Big Names at Dew Tour
- National Park Service Hiring Next Ansel Adams
- Swiss Ski Resort Employee Dies After Hitting Snowmaker
- 5 of the Hardest Outdoor Feats in Adventure
- Arc’teryx Goes Hard
- Vasque Fall ’16 Winter Boots
- Osprey to Offer Women Specific Backcountry Ski/Snowboard Packs
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Does’t thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” – Benjamin Franklin
Thank you to Young Subaru for hosting today’s 221st Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page on thebanyancollective.com.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.
Snowshoeing Green Pond, Aspen Extreme, Ski the Wild West, and Ibex up for auction.