After a bit windy and cold yet completely rewarding snowshoe up Ogden's classic Indian Trail, we convened in the Tan Van for our last podcast of 2015. Looking both over the past and into the future, we invited some of our favorite guests, Shane and Sara from Visit Ogden, and Leia Larsen, Environmental Reporter with the Standard Examiner. Events and News segments included along with some New Year's love!
Thank you for spending 2015 with OOA and the Banyan Collective! We love our listeners and are working to make 2016 our best year ever! Happy New Year!
After a brisk snowshoe up Indian Trail from the 22nd Street Trailhead, we chatted with Shane and Sara from Visit Ogden about Ogden's best of 2015 and what our beloved mountain town can look forward to in this next year.
INTERVIEW – Visit Ogden's Shane Osguthorpe & Sara Toliver
From the incredible shrinking Great Salt Lake, to inversion, and alleged illegal dumping into our local rivers, Leia Larsen is on the environmental beat for the Standard Examiner, and joined us to chat about her best stories of last year and what to look forward to in 2016.
INTERVIEW – Leia Larsen – Environmental Reporter Standard Examiner
ON THE DOCKET
- Jan. 6 – Weber Outdoor Program Dawn Patrol – Open to Public
- Jan 8-10 AIARE Avalanche 1 Course – Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain
- Jan. 9 – WSU Ski Day at Powder Mountain
- Jan. 9 – Powder Mountain Grom Fest – Slalom and Slopestyle, 12 & under
- Jan. 13 – Powder Mountain Ladies Nightw/SheShreds.Co Every Wed Jan 13 – Feb 24th $15 for Ladies from 3-9pm
- Jan. 13 – Protect Our Winters POW Day at Alta/Snowbird
- Jan. 15 – Snowbasin Brewmaster’s Dinner w/Uinta Brewing
- Jan. 15,22,29, Feb. 5,1926, March 18,25 – Weber Outdoor Program Dusk Patrol from the Snowbasin Moose
- Jan. 22 – USASA Big Mountain West Snowboard & Freeski Series at Snowbasin
- Jan. 23 – Burton Qualifiers at Powder Mountain – Hidden Lake Halfpipe
- Jan. 23 – ASDT Full Moon Snowshoe Meet Up with WSU Outdoor Program 4:30pm at North Ogden Divide
- Jan. 30 – Snowbasin 75th Birthday Party!
- Feb. 27 – USA Cycling National Fat Bike Championships at Powder Mountain
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- Snowbasin Tap Takeovers
- Protect Our Winter’s POW Day
- Teen Killed on Trappers Loop
- Illegal Ogden River Dump
- Great Salt Lake North Arm at Record Low
- Skiing Legend Stein Eriksen Dead at 88 Years Old
- Yellowstone Grizzly Bear Deaths Rise
- Forest Service Abandons Plan to Take Ski Areas’ Water Rights
- The Best Family Adventure!
- Women’s Body Brews Alcohol Beats DUI Rap
- Best Adventurers of 2015
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”