Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show 226 - Beus Trailhead, Sundance From Afar
Stoking his 'Rock Star' status by partying early into the morning on Main Street in Park City during Sundance, Todd to the Top then co-hosted the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show in the afternoon at Beus Trail in Ogden. John Wojciechowski, host of Mr. Goodyear's Neighborhood, gives us his opinion on the two Utahan's who are suing the New York City Marathon for 10 Million. We watch an Ogden City plow driver attempt to do his job, and we chat local adventure News, Events, Gear, and more.
Join The Banyan Collective during the First Friday Arts Stroll on February 5th, where we'll podcast LIVE musicians from Union Station with artists stuffed into our tuna can of a van. We call it #VanSessions. Music and podcasting runs from 6-10pm. Visit the FB Event Page for details.
Cheers & Beers!
ON THE DOCKET
- Jan. 28 – Snowbasin Vodka Flight Pairing
- Jan. 30 – Snowbasin 75th Birthday Party!
- Feb. 3-6 – U.S. Snowboarding & Freeski Grand Prix at Park City
- Feb. 4 – Backcountry Film Festival by Wasatch Backcountry Alliance at Brewvies
- Feb. 5 - #VanSessions in Association with First Friday Art Stroll & Ogden City Arts
- Feb. 5,6 – The Bettie Sessions at Powder Mountain – Ladies Intro to Backcountry Clinic
- Feb. 5,6 – Endurance Sports Show – South Towne Exposition Center
- Feb. 6 – Jackson Hole’s Powder 8’s
- Feb. 7 – Snowbasin’s 75th Day of the 75th Season / Snowbasin Super Bowl Party
- Feb. 13-14 – Banff Mountain Film Festival at Peery’s Egyptian Theater
- Feb. 20 – Frosty’s Fat Bike Race at Powder Mountain
- Feb. 20 – Winter Bike Benefit – The Ogden Bike Collective at Mt. Ogden Golf Course – Fat Bike Demos. $5 Entry, Raffle Ticket, Beverage
- Feb. 27 – USA Cycling National Fat Bike Championships at Powder Mountain
- March 4 – International Fly Fishing Film Festival at Perry’s Egyptian Theater
- March 5 – X-Trifecta Triathlon at Hidden Lake, Powder Mountain – Shred, Ped, Tread
- April 8-9 Cotopaxi Questival at Thanksgiving Point
IN THE NEWS
- FAA Approves Powder Mountain Drone Filming
- Ogden Branding Initiative Survey
- Alta Ski Area Going Green
- Utahan’s File Class Action Suit Against New York City Marathon
- Misguided First Friday Art Stroll Tour with Russ Adams
- 10 Die in Western Avalanches in 10 Days
- Utah Avalanche Center: Effectiveness of Airbags
- Parascope Now Live Streaming GoPro Footage
- World Record Shot Ski
- Marmot to Make Super Bowl Commercial Debut
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Sundance was started as a mechanism for the discovery of new voices and new talent." - Robert Redford
"Sundance is weird. The movies are weird - you actually have to think about them when you watch them." - Britney Spears
Thank you to Beus Trail for hosting today’s 226th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, & thebanyancollective.com, and our new app for Android & iPhones available from our About Page.
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…”
Weekly Happy, #OnTheDocket, Adventure News, Worth Listening, GEAR:30, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and more. Enjoy!
With Derek Debruin, Bear House Mountain Guiding. Also, Adventure News, Event, Worth Watching, GEAR:30 Segment, My Lands and more!
Interview with Kory Davis of Ogden Avalanche about tonight’s Utah Avalanche Center Fundraising Event, Backcountry Bash! The Front Climbing Club hosts the event and includes local beer, pizza, and a silent auction. Also, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Watching, Quote of the Week, and Outdoor Jukebox.
Professional XTERRA athlete, Will Kelsey, joins us to chat about this weekend's 2018 XTERRA Pan Am Championship triathlon and XTERRA Trail Run National Championship, oh, and also touring the country in an old RV. Also, events, adventure news, Worth Reading, Outdoor Jukebox, and more! Enjoy!
OOA Show Ep. 315 features an interview with new Snowbasin GM Davy Ratchford along with mountain Communications Coordinator Megan Collins. Also, a throwback Weekly Happy, Events, Adventure News, something Worth Watching, Outdoor Jukebox, and more.
Fully loaded - Kase Johnstun, Ogden Pub Runners Founder kicks off the podcast followed by Ogden Bicycle Collective's Danielle Dawn and Ogden City Arts' Lorie Buckley and Derek Williamson chatting about the upcoming Bike Homecoming.
So what do you do in August? Well, you drink beer, play bird trivia, and get to know the Snarlin' Yarns. Brandi Bosworth with the Ogden Nature Center sat down with us this week to provide insight into the 3rd Annual Birds & Brews happening August 24th.
Ahhh, it's that time of year again, Summer OR, the greatest party in the outdoor industry. I mean, the highbrow gathering of outdoor industry professionals clinking Stanley shot glasses of fine whiskey lemonade over conversations of comparitive cuben fiber products, recent epics, and athlete sightings. It's a fast and frazzling 4 days of wicked awesome gear, friends, and beer. All the beer. And, yes, sometimes whiskey. But, mostly beer.
It took us 2 weeks to get this one right, but then we nailed it! From down by the Ogden River to the top of Powder Mountain, we spent time with full-time van-lifer, Jake Nelson, in The Vansion, discussing the realities of van life, how to build out your own van, and van hacks.
OOA Ep. 310 includes special guests Greg Scothern and Rod Kramer from Weber Pathways. We chat TrailFest 2018 presented by Bank of Utah, along with upcoming community events, adventure news, a new #worthlistening segment, Outdoor Jukebox and more!
Ogden Tedx is Friday, June 29th. We spoke with duo presenters, Rebecca Virgo & Tabatha Butler about their subject: Serendipity in Collaboration.
SUP'ing Pineview and podcasting in an RV down by the... well, my house. OK, it's parked next to my house. Initially we nicknamed the RV "Studio B," but we just renamed her to "Studio RV." It's kind-of a nice place to podcast, actually. Plenty of room. Anywho, we chat Adventure news, events, pop-culture, gear-of-the-week, outdoor jukebox, and more.
We chat with Kasey about Friday Night Lights as one of the best television shows of all time, review Solo, Kasey's Coming of Age preferences, and of course, this year's Ogden Film Festival.
Facebook LIVE fail, Beus trail report, Solo Guiding's the new thing, Everest Season, and a Dinosaur as a comfort animal.
Exclusive interview with Mountain Gravity Expo producer, Jordan Lovejoy.
Hanging out with PCT thru-hiker, Bryden Bowley.
Don’t buy a cheap kayak, drunk ski over a crowd, or climb/ski 61,170 vertical feet in 24 hours because that’s just crazy.
Resort closing dates, climb time, mow electric, Winter advisory, Kavu love, Cotopaxi, and Pennywise.
Weber State University's Outdoor & Community Recreation Program is hosting RecConnect, a hybrid outdoor innovation expo and networking opportunity.
PS, we're 8 years and 300 episodes in. We were just pups when we began at Weber State’s KWCR 88.1 as a specialty show.
For International Women’s Day, we chat with GEAR:30 Manager, Sara Austin.
Featuring yak bells, deep pow, coal rolling, and PBR pancakes. Plus, a 100-year-old skier who is more boss than all of us.
Interview with The Front Climbing Club’s Joey Langford and the upcoming Cosmic Boulder Bash, plus 4-year-old mini-shredders, the Frozen Road, and Go Solo.
Hiking Indian Trail, interview with photographer Cam Mcleod, Mastering the Art of Chill, and that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
Olympics instructional videos, a friend’s fall from Ultra Running grace, TSIRKU, and the Ogden Boulder Field in January.